Schizophrenia.com

Do many of you own your own home or place?

I would like too. I’ve wanted too for a long time but real estate isn’t cheap where i live. Its a goal of mine though down the road.

1 Like

I do…maybe you can get a loan and start paying little by little.

I was born into a family with a father workaholic yuppie in the 80s 90s
He earned loads and I’m still living with his contributions through my mum who still is payed a maintenance as well as being on DLA and incapacity legally
I sold my place and my husband sold his, both moving together 3 yrs ago
Because I don’t have to worry about kids dowry or college we want to spend, on holidays … Considering downsizing a little for major holidays etc

1 Like

I’m afraid to do that without money saved. What if i were to have health problems i would lose my home. I honestly don’t mind living with my mom most of the time. It’s actually more dealing with my family because i live with mom is what it makes it hard.

Actually there are certain organizations who help you get a house by registering your name and paying a monthly fee, then within 10 or 15 years you have your house, then you would still pay until you finish its payments, no loans required. If you couldn’t pay anymore then you can sell it even if it wasn’t finished…maybe you can try that.

1 Like

can you give me a name??? not sure where to look to find this kind of orangization?? thanks!

Sure, but where do u live, which ccountry? I’ll try to find it for you, your welcome :smile:

1 Like

I live at my own house now, but i have already predict that in the future i will have it rented and rent a apartment that will be cheap and live on the rent money that i collect.

1 Like

I own my own home. I have lived here for over thirty years now. I always behind doing stuff that need done. Having your own home is a lot of work.

From the country Ridgerunner

1 Like

I’m in the USA alex. .

It is called Building cooperative, “where individuals or families work together to directly construct their own homes in a cooperative fashion”.
I found this link on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_cooperative. At this page on Wiki you can find other links to a lot of cooperatives, and find the suitable one for you, I’m not sure if it’s only for Canada ! I hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve heard of cooperatives for the elderly around here but not for anything else. Thanks i will look into it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome runnergirl, I’m glad that I can be at some help. I hope you can own a house in the future, best wishes :wink:

1 Like

Habitat for Humanity also has the principle in America. They work with all age ranges and abilities, and they are nation wide.

http://www.habitat.org/

2 Likes

Here’s a website i found through nami that gives good information on trying to own your home.

I live of our own house with my husband. Our house is very simple and made of bamboos so it is very cheap and no tax at all. I like our house its under the trees too very cool no need an air-condition.

1 Like

Cres765, are you the poster from the Phillipines who must have come back after the hurricane, or do I have you confused with someone else?

I live in a little club house thing in my moms back yard. It has electricity, tv, internet, and a/c. I have a hard time living with the other people in the house and the house is disgusting so I kinda have to. I just have to go in the house to shower and cook. I like it because I’m all by myself and I only get as much social interaction as I want, but I may have to move out someday.