Do I really have to take meds?

I guess only time will tell what will happen next. Hope I can get to a psychiatrist to help sort this out soon. I don’t think lamotrigine made me anxious or manic, i think it calmed me down. I loved it but this side effects has given me the frights… :confused:

Well good luck @anon80629714
Seeing a psychiatrist would be the wise thing to do.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have to take meds but I certainly recommend it, it really helps the vast majority of sz patients

1 Like

I hope it works out for you.

1 Like

My pdoc says that ap is a tranquilizer.

1 Like

What is worse? Psychosis or anxiety.

1 Like

For me? The prominent symptom is anxiety and it can be very debilitating

I’ve been off my medication for over a year now. Although I am mild schizophrenic so I can’t comment on the severity of how bad you have it. I personally believe you should really consider certain factors beforehand such as:

1 - how long has it been since your last episode? For me it had been over a year or two since I had been in delusional state, before going off my medication.

2 are you in good mental state? Similar to the first one but if your struggling with eating or any other mental issues excluding schizophrenia it might be a bad idea as I was quite emotionally/mentally strong enough to be able too.

Finally I would really think about it if you’re either of those being on your medication is the best decision, I also want to add that I kept it 100 with my mental heath team throughout and told my doctor that I wanted to go off my medication and we had some discussions about it and the course of actions. Personally if your doctor is telling you that it’s probably not best for you right now they’re probably feel you’d relapse again so I take the doctors advice.

If it’s medication not working right with others, is causing issues with other medications or the medication is not making you feel good on it’s own, you should discuss that because other medications might work better for you in general.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.