Do I have bad taste in music? Do you?

I listen to a radio station that plays almost exclusively sixties music.

I just ripped my Christmas Carols CD full of frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby etc.

I listen to old jazz and big band music in the car and to relax.

I like underground hip hop and 90’s alternative music (that’s as modern as I get).

I’m 35 and grew up on all the above music. Should I listen to more modern music? I hate modern music, it all sounds like it could be just one song, one horrible song.

What do you listen to?

20 Likes

Then you have good taste in music. I listen to 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s music. of all genres. Some hip-hop from 2000+ but no hip-pop. I think we have different but similar music tastes. I certainly respect yours but I think we value different aspects…yet we like the same genres.

3 Likes

If the music makes you feel good in some way, then you have great taste in music.

17 Likes

I think you should listen to what you like, forget what everyone else thinks. You can’t truly enjoy someone else’s music. I listen only to Christian music so I get a little crap at work about it. But that’s what I like si that is what I’m going to listen to.

9 Likes

I’m not a big fan of modern music myself. My favorite artist is Bjork. I like her current music, but she takes a lot of influence from older eras. her prime was in the 90s and early 2000s. Love Bauhaus too, the Happy Mondays, New Order, Siousxie and the Banshees, The Sugarcubes, Blur, Syd Barrett, The Doors.

I love jazz pop like you. Chet Baker, Dean Martin, Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Nat King Cole, Al Jolson, Fats Waller. I love classical music when I’m in the right mood for it, and more fast paced jazz. In classical music, my favs are Mozart, Hadyn, John Cage, Gershwin and Ravel. In jazz, I like Bud Powell, Thelonious Monk, Albert Ayler, and Dexter Gordon.

4 Likes

I consider Billie Holiday really good Christmas music

This is 50’s

But she was great

5 Likes

If it doesn’t contain some korpiklaani I question your music tastes…

4 Likes

You sir have good taste. I don’t listen to all of those, but I could tell you have good taste.

I like happy jazz music a lot

I used to listen to this stuff regularly, while getting drunk at 10 am in the morning…back when drinking was still enjoyable

1 Like

Oh it definitely includes korpiklaani!

1 Like

Lol than the wolf pack smiles on your list…

2 Likes

I’m finding I can’t listen to as much of any kind of music and I have had such a passion for it for several years. Must be getting older.

2 Likes

Happy Jazz music is interesting. A huge number of jazz artists had big emotional problems, died young to drug overdoses. But at least they devoted their working time to really promoting positivity.

3 Likes

This is the kind of jazz I like (this is a very famous piece of music) …

2 Likes

Glenn made some really fun music. My Costa Rican grandfather’s a very big fan of his music.

2 Likes

I think it sounds good @anon84763962

I think we’ll listen to flashback today

2 Likes

Do they still play newsboys third day
Burlap to cashmere
Sandy patty
Was sad to hear
Amy grant stopped being a believer

3 Likes

Newsboys and third day really like them both.

2 Likes

I listen to all kinds, but mostly older music, was a DJ back in my younger days, was a fun job.

3 Likes

Oh wow! That would have been fun!

1 Like

You need to listen to Twenty One Pilots. They don’t sound like anything else, they’re very unique. A lot of their lyrics are related to Schizophrenia and depression. In fact most of the fans call their musical style “Schizophrenic Pop/Rock”. Here are a few great 21P songs for you to listen to!

4 Likes