Do believe there are tiers to sz?

Mild, Moderate, and Severe

maybe after all, we have experienced all 3, at any given time.

6 Likes

I think so, yes. We probably cycle through them at one time or another. At least that’s how it feels to me.

3 Likes

I’m Mild right now.

What are you?

3 Likes

Probably mild, i’d say. Not too much going on right now.

4 Likes

When i stay home things are not as bad. It’s when i go out in public that things get worse.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m still getting breakthrough olfactory sometimes,

that’s about it.

2 Likes

I feel exactly opposite, when I’m out, I have to mind myself well.

2 Likes

Well i’m glad you’re doing well, except for the olfactory stuff.

1 Like

Teetering between mild and full remission. Feels good.

3 Likes

I’ve been mild lately :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Plummeting fast.

2 Likes

I’m teethering between moderate and severe some days. Just because my current medication isn’t working that well for me. I look forward to starting the Clozapine, but they’ve pushed it back until next Monday. I just want to start already. I had a very rough day a couple of days ago. Couldn’t even come on to the forum for any support because i was just so out of it.

2 Likes

It would be nice if there was an actual spectrum for schizophrenia, meds are my saving grace, I’d say I’m high functioning. I’d like to chart my illness, crunch some numbers

Sezbot I hope it works out for you, I know a few people on clozapine and it’s good for them

2 Likes

Yes, It seems like we go through all stages. I’m mild now but it’s still scary at times.

2 Likes

Whilst saying I fit ASD and schizophrenia best the pdoc I saw yesterday indicated these things are on a spectrum. That would include schizophrenia ranging from mild to severe presentations of it. I think if I have it I’m at the mild end of the spectrum based on reading posts by people here. The only exception is socially where things are quite severe. The social aspect may be as much or more to do with ASD though.

2 Likes

I had it really bad where I couldn’t recognize my family, I would stare into the grass because I couldn’t recognize reality at all. Everything looked unreal and very distorted.

At one point, I was deemed treatment resistant.

Now, I’m considered in remission from SZ. But my doctor verbally said he thinks I’m bipolar because schizophrenics cannot achieve remission.

I’m at a confusing point in my life.

I’ve been low to mid functioning during the past 7 years. Some consider me high functioning.

I just started Depakote. It’s my second day!

Are there really tiers? Perhaps. According to my doctor I might not even be schizophrenic but bipolar, despite what every doctor during the past 7 years said. But I like and trust this doctor. He’s sort of like doctor house. Bad bed side manner but very smart and professional with a lot of experience. Some of my other doctors were good, but these county doctors seem to care more and do better. The other doctors treated me as a number.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the stats are on that

I would imagine some have recovered from sz.

I’m starting to latch onto your name, and watch closely what you say

I’m Monarch. Free Sheri!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.