Do americans truly prefer the game of american football over soccer

American football rules here. Superbowl Sunday is a day more looked forward to than Christmas. It’s the new religion.

Some of you people must have a screw missing.

Please be civil and supportive.

I’m being honest. Acknowledgement is support.

So supportive, so civil…

In my opinion it is + in good humor.

I don’t have any interest in football. That must be why the FBI is after me. :wink:

1 Like

If you don’t like baseball they will sic the C.I.A. on you.

The loose screw comment was referring to the star wars+ star trek crew. I lnow they were joking, so I joked back - wouldn’t have with dark sith - it’s part of his persona + I’m not sure how serious he is about the fantasy.

And it’s not really true that I don’t like football. I understand football fans. I was one in Jr High + high school. I like to go to live football games, though my favorite part is when the hot dog vendor comes by. TV football - I think it’s the inane, noisy sportscasters I don’t like. Once I turned the sound off on a game + watched + it was fascinating with the camera and close up shots. It was full of drama.

It’s true that Superbowl Sunday has gotten bigger than Christmas. Along with the declining no. of Christians and traditional lifestyles, I wonder what that says about us. And is it good or bad - or both?

Memory repressed due to trauma. Sorry.

10-96

Fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like your post @ e_lunaseer

If you don’t like either the NSA will come after you…

I don’t like either…when they sent 2 agents after me, I tackled one and swung a bat at the other - they left me alone because they said I at least knew something about football and baseball…LOL.

(joking btw)

I actually never had screws… I had fuses… I know this because in the 1980s I wrote a song that went

“I blew some fuses in my head long ago.
I looked to the sky and I heard the wind blow…”

Later I had the aliens install circuit breakers for dilithium crystal powered connections…they work better.

So, while I do not like football I never had loose crews…I had blown fuses. :slight_smile:

Hysterical sports amnesia is a valid medical condition I’ll have you know.

10-96

I completely understand your trauma. Watching marathon after marathon of Voyager can do that. Of course you kind of brought that on yourself being the President of the Neelix fan club.

Never watched Voyager beyond season one, and only parts of it. All I’ve watched on Netflix so far have been ToS and the animated series. The Rick Berman version of Star Trek just isn’t that interesting to me. Now, Babylon 5, that’s some seriously good sci-fi.

10-96

I only watch TOS. I have watched some of each of the others but they’re just not my cup of tea. I do like Gowron though, he’s awesome.

As for Babylon 5, I never got into it. I tried watching a couple of episodes but I never liked it.

I’m about to start watching Farscape, I really like that show. I’ve got all the episodes now. I only ever watched a few on tv. It’ll be good to see them all.

1 Like

My favorite in that show…

1 Like

I like football,my current favorite team is Chelsea.Hope I will have the chance to visit their stadium one day