Disability assessment for my gf

Hi, so i’m trying to help my gf out with her benefit, i’m accompanying her to an assessment tomorrow, personally i think its shocking the way she is being treated,

this is an out of work assessment and there is no way she could work, its very confusing and hard to explain but she has Dyscalculia which affects almost everything, money, time, dates, she has social anxiety as well and other things, i’m not trying to make her look bad but its not fair the way she is being treated.

I said i’d try and help her claim for disability as well, she was scared so didn’t re-apply when she should.

3 Likes

hopefully things work out for her. good for you for helping her. and way to go finding a gf. I hadn’t read that you had found someone. just remember that you were looking.

1 Like

Didn’t know you had a gf @Resilient1.
Congratulations! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

thanks, she is the only person who wants to be with me lol, we get on well together, its just hard bc she has little money and bc of her Dyscalculia its easy for her to get into trouble with money,

2 Likes

I’d be lying if i said i wasn’t worried about this, i don’t want them to know anything about me bc it might be me getting assessed then, but i have to be there for her, if asked i’ll say i drove her to appointments and that i am a carer and thats it, i want to say that i care for her as well bc i do, i want to be truthful but not give anything away, i hope my gf doesnt fall out with me if i say something.

btw i was dating her last year but we fell out but we started dating again recently

Glad to hear you have somebody special @Resilient1. Hope all goes well with the disability assessment.

1 Like

Best of luck to you both :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey guys, we got through it, hoping for a good decision

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.