Did your symptoms get worse or better over time

Hey if you feel like sharing, can you tell me the timeline of your symptoms? Did they get worse over time? Did some symptoms never go away after a certain point or did they go away over time? etc.

I’ll start, but it’s quite short since I’m still young

I was fine till 21, got my first psychosis, then I was stable for 3 years, off meds and at 24 got my second but same intensity. Not so much negatives overall.

2 Likes

Mine started around 14. They got really bad from 22-24, then slowly got better. The hallucinations went away entirely at age 28, and now I just deal with mood swings and impulsivity.

4 Likes

My symptoms all disappeared over time.

2 Likes

My positive symptoms got better, negative symptoms got worse!

That’s great to hear. Also no negatives? Do you still need meds?

No more negatives. I might still need my antidepressant.

First episode at 30 got better but was not stable relapse after 2years on fluonxol then switched to risperidone was stable with no symptoms till switch to ability. Back on risperidone zero symptoms

1 Like

Currently lowered dose from 3mg to 2.5mg and if all goosd lowering to 2mg

1 Like

Worse positives, better negatives

1 Like

As a general rule, everything has been getting better with time, not just the psychosis but such things as social phobia and depression too.

For some reason I’ve changed a lot after my first psychosis in 2009. I feel the change is for the better.

-Albert.

2 Likes

They got better with meds but if I stop meds again, they will get worse again.

1 Like

I stopped meds for 2yrs at 25y.o. then ended up in mental hospital.

Schizophrenics never become better but the MEDs are adjusted to their symptoms, so its below average feelings.

1 Like

Timeline
Unwell as a teenager
Meds
Stress triggered Some short hospital stays
Quit meds at around 30,
All psychosis was 4 x worse
Long long term severe psychosis for 2 years out of 3
Much worse prognosis
Miracle symptoms relieved by very heavy antipsychotics
Met my husband
Still well after 15 years

2 Likes

Mine got worse as I aged

Each of my relapses get worse and worse, though at the same time, my good periods are better and better.

2 Likes

Improved over time. I take the meds religiously and always have.

1 Like

Some got better some got worse. My horrible hell like DP/DR went away pretty much, but then I got delusions galore and more negs and cognitive symptoms. I saw some UFOs in 2016 in my backyard, and they triggered some psychosis and memories I think. I haven’t been the same since. Sort of like a download of past life memories in other universes and planet earths, I guess. I figure I started remembering thousands if not millions of past loops of my life as a paranoid schizophrenic. So yes, I don’t suffer with my sensory and eyeballs anymore, but I suffer in a much different way.

I read your posts on the board a couple months ago. You sound much more stable now. Do you still believe in UFO’s etc?

1 Like

I’m much more sane and stable now, yes. I still believe in them. I don’t take the stance that all UFOs don’t exist or are ‘fake’ but that there’s some of everything in between type of thing.