Did you end up like your parents?

I think I am a bit contradictive and controlling of situations like my dad but I have a lot of my mum’s traits too like being caring and conscious about situations.

3 Likes

I’ve turned into my mother despite my best efforts.

I guess its not such a bad thing,

My mom is pretty cool.

4 Likes

Well, I laugh like my mom and sneeze like my dad, soooo… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I liked ur name nova

2 Likes

I have my food addiction challenges from my mother. I get super overly nice sometimes like my mother wen nervous it’s really bugs me.
I got my dad’s goofy side.
My mums passion for a togetherness in family life. My mums constant negative thoughts
My dad’s optimism. Sounds a bit contradictive I know lol

3 Likes

I’ve also been told I’m eerily calm like my father, and that it’s tempting to grab us and give us a shake

3 Likes

I look like my dad but am soft spoken like my mother

2 Likes

Not really. At least not yet. There’s still time. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not a savvy speaker because my parents didn’t have good vocabularies.

3 Likes

Oh yea my general knowledge is terrible like seriously terrible I don’t know who is in charge of London. N I live there

2 Likes

My dad ended up being successful, but I didn’t really know him, growing up. I ended up like my mom, who had schizophrenia and was illegitimate. She ended up alone after 2 marriages.

3 Likes

Never mind it’s Sadiq Kahn

3 Likes

Lol who’s that

Savid javid lol

2 Likes

Well at least the name rings a bell. So if he’s in charge of London is Boris in charge of UK.

1 Like

@anon98459728. Yeah. I was like “I don’t think he’s right.” But I wasn’t going to say anything

2 Likes

Lol yes 15151151

1 Like

I am similar to both parents.

3 Likes

I try to be like my dad. It’s been so long, it’s sometimes hard to remember. But I try to think about how he would handle a situation before reacting. I am very thankful that I never ended up like my mom.

3 Likes

I’m definitely nothing like my parents. That’s why I’m the black sheep in the family. My brother on the other hand is a lot like my mom, controlling, judgemental, aggressive and not very understanding.

3 Likes

I’ve heard a couple of guys say, “I swore I would never be like my dad, and I turned out just like him”. In family therapy my dad told me I was just like he was when he was young. I told my dad I didn’t want to be like him. In a way, that’s kind of messed up, because at the time my parents were paying for a year of psychiatric treatment in a mental hospital out of their own pockets. I still don’t want to be like my dad was, though.

3 Likes