Did sz or aps make you physically weak?

I unloaded trucks at Sears at breakneck speed for almost four years. I mean not like barrels of nails or lumber or steel girders but heavy stuff like gas grills, lawnmowers, bandsaws, water heaters, refrigerators, washers and dryers and a bunch of other heavy stuff. If you think it doesn’t sound that hard try getting a hand truck and take a refrigerator by yourself from the second floor all the way to the first floor and outside and then load it in a pickup truck by yourself. And then unload a 52’ truck trailer for four hours. I was in my thirties and outworking a bunch of 19 year olds and twenty one year olds.

At the same time, I was going to college and taking weight training. Even the other guys at the board & care I was in at the time who weren’t too thrilled with me, payed me a rare compliment and commented that my arms were getting bigger.

So yes, I was on prolixen and in great shape for about 5 years and my legs were strong too because I walked all over hell and back. (I walked everywhere)

2 Likes

I was also talking about when I was on Abilify and going to the gym 4-5x a week.

1 Like

I have trouble walking uphill the first few hours after taking my meds. I feel weak and short of breath and dizzy.

1 Like

Yes same for me even when I was on Abilify. Also I had periods of very low energy when I was with friends where I would look frozen indifferent to stimuli not listening to them etc, they then tell me did the sz hit you again.

1 Like

It must be my sz then as we dont have the same symptoms. I am telling you I get moments where I can barely stand on my feet from weakness feeling like falling and this was when I was going to the gym 4-5x a week too. I think its mental and caused by very low energy from my negative symptoms.

I think its sz, sz negatives. Like i was on Invega like you and i was in my prime of strength and going to the gym everyday and working full time. Another theory is getting used to the AP, cause new med and new brainchemistry means adjustment time. When I was put on Invega at first i couldnt imagine going to the gym as i laid in bed the whole time, 3 years passed since me being put on Invega and i was a gym rat again

1 Like

No physical or mental weakness

but sz has impacted/interrupted my thought process

1 Like

LS! Hi Aziz! Do you go to the gym? I do. I am 63 and one of the strongest in the gym. According to the website Strengthlevel I have elite strength. Maybe it is because I am a lifetime vegetarian.

2 Likes

Not since I am on Risperdal.

No, age is making me physically weak. When I was 60, I could still do yoga’s Temple pose and stay in that pose for as long as required. Now, at 61, I can’t hold the pose for as long as the sequences require. Really sucks.

1 Like

Sz made me super strong like holding off 4 cops for a few minutes (maybe 1 minute it felt like a long time) before pinning me. Aps made me weak, for instance one summer before aps i rode bike to a swimming hole with a friend and pedalled nonstop the whole way, beat everyone there etc. The next summer on aps I couldnt even finish the ride, couldn’t pedal continuously my heart was pounding, I was dizzy, sweating excessively, couldn’t catch my breath, couldn’t press the pedals down on hills.

1 Like

@Aziz , your physical weakness is in all likelihood a result of your extreme sedentary lifestyle. Anybody who stays in bed all the time and never gets any exercise is going to inevitably become very physically weak. And possibly even mentally weak as well. As they say, use it or lose it.

1 Like

I think now I am too mentally weak to exercise, severe negative symptoms, no energy, apathy, avolition, feeling like a zombie, etc

1 Like

Honestly sometimes I feel physically disabled in the brain.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, @Aziz . I will continue to pray for you.

1 Like

Thanks @SkinnyMe

@Newlyborn so as at what point of being on invega did u go to the gym

I’ve been weak since I was a teenager I believe I had sza since back then…

1 Like

It was about 3 years being on it continously and i started escitalopram, probably escitalopram gave me the kick to workout

1 Like

Not especially. My physical limitations are generally from a spinal injury or my heart condition. I’ve been walking relentlessly this spring any my legs have visibly toughened up. Older style APs caused painful cramping and tremors, but I don’t have that issue on my low dose of Geodon and no side-effects from the Wellbutrin I’m aware of other than a slight bump to my energy (more of it).

1 Like