Did psychosis age you?

• Yes Iv aged since diagnosed
  • I haven’t visibly aged

0 voters

Hi guys can you vote again? I forgot to show who voted

I lost a lot of hair through it just falling out and me pulling it out while psychotic. I also chainsmoked and I think it is visible on my skin.

2 Likes

I think my hair is thinning out too @Air, I really got shocked by it when I seen it in the mirror. My vice is tea air and it has aged me terribly, dehydrated my skin and ruined it. Oh well it’s so comforting though!

2 Likes

My hair is also thinner than before I really am not too ecstatic about that!!! I have some fine lines by my eyes. There very fine but still I keep hoping that with enough sleep they’ll go. I’ll see

2 Likes

I gained a lot of weight and my face just looks old. I always looked a lot younger than my age, but after heavy AP use I look much older than my age now.

1 Like

My hair started falling out as well-- wonder if that’s a thing amongst people who have experienced psychosis. I also have some serious under-eye bags that weren’t there before taking APs.

1 Like

I think for me it’s an ap thing. I noticed as soon as they put me on aripiarzole and I took a shower my hair was just… :((

First time in hospital that didn’t happen n I hadn’t been put on aripiarzole yet

1 Like

I went to the dentist on Jan. 4th and was wished a happy early birthday. The hygienist asked how old I was going to be, and I jokingly said, “20”. She said, “Oh, that’s a great age!” I told her I was joking, and she told me she had believed me lol. I admittedly look younger when I am thinner, though. This was me last year:

6 Likes

You know, I think I read about a forum member that had also lost some hair due to Abilify too, which just so happens to be what I take. My hair loss started in 2015-- way before I got put on any meds though. Hoping your hair loss has slowed down @anon90843118!

2 Likes

Thank you @Schztuna or tuna fish!!

I can’t really tell tbh. It seems to maybe have slowed down. But it’s def still coming out. It’s not amazing feeling… But at least it seems to have slowed down.

I’d love to show u pic but I’m way too paranoid

What about yours has it slowed down?

2 Likes

Glad it’s slowed down for you! It is such a horrible feeling to be taking a shower or playing with your hair and just having strands and strands of it falling out.

My hair loss has slowed down as well, thankfully-- still have some thinner areas that have yet to grow out but I’ve kinda figured out how to wear my hair so they’re not too noticable.

I hear ya about the pic and being paranoid-- I had one up of my face but took it down after like, 3 minutes haha. Maybe someday!

2 Likes

Yea I have some thinner areas too.

I can kind of notice the shape of part of my head sometimes. At the front. It’s horryfing!!! But I hope now that the hair loss has slowed down that it gets time to grow back.

Glad yours has slowed down too. Isn’t that a relief.

2 Likes

I’ve visibly aged but I don’t blame the disorder so much.
It’s got to be from the side effects of the meds.
Being over weight doesn’t help.

1 Like

I was 20 years old when i firstly began to hear voices in Summer of 2010
Years go and now i am 30
This illness stole full 10 years
:cry::cry:
I dont know what to do in my life
I just fully puzzled what to do at this age :cry::cry:
I stolen third of my age
And story didnt end yet :cry::cry:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.