Schizophrenia.com

Did anyone think they had supernatural powers?

Back when my husband and I first got together, I thought that I could feel what something was composed of.

1 Like

Oh, and I could read minds and tell the future. My husband believed me.

I used to think that my voices told me what is going to happen in the near future. Sometimes these were right, but mostly not. I also had voices telling me that I could read other’s minds.

3 Likes

Very embarrassing… but yes… I’ve fought with this one lot in different cases.

I fight with predicting the future… I keep thinking I can… I keep getting told I can’t. But I keep seeing patterns and clues… I know it’s part of the head circus. But I keep getting this feeling like I know what’s going to happen next.

I also used to think I could heal people by laying on of hands… That was very embarrassing.

1 Like

I still think I can heal people with positive energy.

2 Likes

Once long time ago I had voices telling me that I can control my behavior using Chinese acupuncture points such as touching my nose, my chin and so on …

1 Like

I thought I was impervious to bullets… Not that I was gonna grab a gun and shoot myself or try to get someone to shoot me. I thought the CIA had snipers placed all thru my town and they were shooting at me.

2 Likes

Some weird things have happened, in the 1980s I was told that I looked like David Bowie, this was then in Europe and then later in 2000 some ‘followers’ in Miami Beach said to me ‘there goes David Bowie’, weird stuff …

2 Likes

Man was I messed up - I thought I could lay hands and heal, read peoples minds, see the future, communicate with spirits, thought I could move objects with the power of my mind - thought I was an Empath and was sensitive to my surroundings and others.

Funny thing was that I read others future using the Tarot cards - made some money at the time doing it - I was very exact in my predictions and was sought after by lots of clients - strange

5 Likes

It’s really hard to get out of it when people believe in you.

3 Likes

I believed I could walk on water and communicate with radio waves.

1 Like

Did you try to walk on water? How did that go?

Never had a chance to try it out. I was dropped at ER by mobile psychiatric team and held there. But the floor and ground was water. I saw and felt the water.

1 Like

I thought I was empowered to bring Jesus back to earth. that and I thought people looked to me to see when Jesus would come back. a lot of horrific beliefs at the same time but I won’t go into that.

2 Likes

I don’t know why… but I’m always surprised when I find out I’m not the only one.

Can I get and amen on that one… it’s very hard to fight off… especially when—

1. things happen and I’m right
  2. people believe me and keep encouraging me.

I sort of have to let the thoughts go and just get through my day despite what sneaky brained thinking my mind is pulling on me… some times… I feel very logical and I can understand that I can’t heal people.

Other days… it’s a struggle… especially when I’m in a euphoric and universal manic phase. Then it’s no use trying to talk me down.

2 Likes

I thought I could hear a mile away and predict the future

2 Likes

While psychotic I thought I was the messiah/anti-messiah. Voices from god. Visions of the future. Was on a mission to save the world.

3 Likes

Telepathic-beleived cameras in our home-everything was controled from color of comb was able to use to buttoning a shirt coerrect-if i buttoned wrong wasnt allowed to wear again,dang good thing i improved or would have had to resort to wearing trash bags

2 Likes

yes.
take care :alien:

1 Like

No; just voices all the time.