Diagnosis after psychosis

Who actually has a diagnosis of schizophrenia? I dont i had a psychotic episode that lasted for 3 days.
I do suffer from negative symptoms i think or i am just processing traumatic life experiences.

2 Likes

Had one since 93/94 (things are fuzzy around that time period for me).

1 Like

I have 2 diagnoses that the drs are going back and forth with me: paranoid schizophrenia and schizoaffective

1 Like

Did u relapse after, i asked my psychiatrist what diagnosis i had she said none but if she has to diagnose its schizophrenia

Here they dont really diagnose anymore they just use it for treatment of psychosis. It falls all under the same umbrella.

1 Like

Numerous times in the first five years. The first two were especially bad.

1 Like

2 episodes in 13 years. Diagnosis varies between sza and bipolar.

2 Likes

Same 15555555555

1 Like

What country are you from?

2 Likes

I’ve had numerous episodes, first one lasting about half a year, and continuing residually for another 2 months maybe, on antipsychotics.

They don’t dx me as sz however, because of the dose I’m on.

2 Likes

I have schizo effective bi polar type.

1 Like

I used to be diagnosed bipolar 1 but last year I had an episode and was re-diagnosed as schizoaffective bipolar type.

1 Like

Ogden Nash had schizo effective disorder.

1 Like

Netherlands
They do use it for insurance reasons but they dont like to diagnose, there has been publications that everyone has psychotic tendencies and for some due to stress/trauma or substance abuse it just surfaces more

1 Like

I’m diagnosed with SZA. I had one psychiatrist say I have extremely severe OCD but then he changed it back to SZA.

1 Like

Ive been diagnosed with schizophrenia for 19 years

1 Like

Diagnosed with schizophrenia and its been hell most of my adult life, worsening every year

I was diagnosed late. I started having periods of psychosis when i was 26 or so, lasted several years and was put on a lot of meds including two APs. I was relatively stable for a number of years and then symptoms started again about 2 years ago, which is when i was officially diagnosed. I was 36. Its good finally having a proper diagnosis, but my dad has sz and died young because of a drug overdose. I just can relate so much to it now, as im in recovery myself, and it makes me sad.

I had. And then they changed it a billion times. And now they gave me the diagnosis of complex PTSD and food intolerance. I don’t think they really know what psychosis is, and what causes it. I lost trust in psychiatry so much, that I just kindly let them babble and nod and do not believe a word they say. Neither I, nor the psychiatrist, nor anyone, really knows.

Wow! You’re lucky!