Depression or negative symptoms of schizophrenia?

I think the Zyprexa works on my positive symptoms, hallucinations and delusions. I was previously on Clozapine which I think works better.

2 Likes

Feeling similar. Struggle to tell between the two really

1 Like

Its hard to tell, but I think depression is more feelings and negative symptoms more deadness and absence of feeling. I’ve had both, I’ve been tearful and suicidal, and I’ve been dead in feelings. I struggle with lack of motivation too.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has replied. It seems we all agree that it sounds like either the negative symptoms or medication side effects. Hopefully my doctor sees it as this too, so that I’m not put on an antidepressant again.

I have the same problems with motivation as well and am currently on Wellbutrin 150mg for depression. I was feeling very down, loss of interest in everything, feeling exhausted and just overall heavy until I started Wellbutrin. I was on a 100mg first and recently got the dosage upped to 150mg and my mood seems to have stabilized a lot more. But it sounds like negative symptoms to me. Hang in there man and I wish you all the best!! It’s a very tough illness to manage but we have to be even tougher.

1 Like

Lack of motivation isn’t always what it seems. I sometimes find that it’s part of growing as an individual when we start taking note of what our actual motivations are naturally towards instead of acting like we are excited and dedicated to every single thing everywhere. For example after work, sometimes I feel like I need to work out, and other times I simply want to binge watch Netflix. We’re told that we need “motivation” and “confidence”, and all these things that we are told we are missing but to be honest I just ignore all that crap and do what I want to do and I am a lot happier.

1 Like

Thank you, I wish the best for you too. It is a very tough illness. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.