Dentist phobia?

Does anyone else have fear of the dentist? I haven’t been in years but I think I should get a checkup.

It scares me so much. I’m scared what damage there is because I haven’t been.

I’m not in any pain but the thought of going to the dentist makes me so stressed out.

Anyone else?

I was a dental assistant in college and met tons of patients with an intense fear of the dentist.

You’ll be okay,

Just tell them you’re scared.

They know how to cope with people that are afraid of the dentist.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon54386108!

Has anyone else not been to the dentist in many years?

I have a dentist phobia I hate going to a dentist been ages since went to a dentist

1 Like

I haven’t been in a couple years,

I’m afraid I have cavities and it’ll be an expensive trip.

2 Likes

I went to the dentist about a year ago. I almost spit the water at the dental hygienist because I almost laughed. Barely could I hold it in.

I am terrified of the dentist. Having that fear I know is there only makes it worse. What I mean is when I was a kid I went to the dentist every 6 months and occassionally something was drilled and even pulled, had braces, but now that I am 31, I have sensitive spots all in my mouth, I blame all the drugs I did in my 20’s, I’m damn lucky I even have teeth lol. Now I’m scared of some scrapy thingy hitting a nerve. UGHHHH I need to get over it though.

1 Like

I used to be afraid, but I’ve gone to root canals by myself since the age of 18. My teeth are a holy mess

I just booked in to see the dentist for the first time in 10 years, I’m going next week.

I’m going to be brave and also take some Klonopin beforehand. Nightmare fuel, but I guess I have to do some adulting.

2 Likes

Good luck, its really not bad. Regular dentists are light on you, its when you start getting to endodontists, and oral surgeons that it gets scary.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very comforting.

1 Like

What’s the difference between a sadist and a dentist?

A dentist has better magazines.

I’m going to get a root canal done tomorrow. Fun times.

Yeah cool…

Most probably, the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get. And if you let cavities go for too long they could turn into something much, much worse.

1 Like

I’ve been to the dentist a few times
Twice I had fillings it was scary but each visit was easier
They told me to slow down the brushing of my teeth and I clean my teeth better now to avoid having more fillings
The last check up he said my teeth were in good condition
I would say brush your teeth regularly so you don’t have go dentist

2 Likes

Last I went I thought my heart would burst out of my chest.

Can’t understand how everyone is just okay to do these things like its normal.

Its beyond my understanding.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’m taking klonopin just to get to Saturday. It’s my fault for letting it get this far but the fear was too strong.

I’m loving all the replies they really help. It seems a lot of us have issues with dentists

The only thing about the dentist I fear is the impact it has on my wallet.

My whole life I go to cheap dentist office i didn’t like it much but they didn’t do a good job because my new dentist found I had gum disease and it cost way too much money it was stupid. Although my teeth look much better. I would not go if my parents didn’t pay for it. Well not like I could ever afford that anyways

Yes i have fear. I havent been for maybe 4-5 years. It is a bit of laziness too.

Son goes with my parents. He wants to be a dentist. :-o