Delusions on Abilify 25mg

When I was on Abilify, weak partial dopamine antagonist for me, I saw Pablo Escobar infront of my house. He got there to kill me because I am a good guy. There was really a person walking there in the street that looked like Pablo Escobar.

I think I watch too much Narcos on Netflix.

3 Likes

I thought the hospital ceiling was going to fall on me I was so â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  scared out of my mind.

Im on abilify and it was working for me but now its not. Im dead and i think i committed a murder i dont remember. Im not getting many hallucinations though.

What dose are you on @Froge

1 Like

30 mg 1515151515

That’s the max dose. It might not be working out for you. You’ll have to let your psychiatrist know your symptoms.

Are you taking it daily as prescribed ?

1 Like

What you’re getting are delusions, positive symptoms of SZ. Your meds are not working, change them. I recommend Risperdal.

1 Like

Yes i am :frowning: which is so frustrating. Im finally doing the right thing and taking my meds and then they stop working. Ive only been on this for about 6 months.

1 Like

I was hospitalized when they tried abilify on me I had been getting better, I got so much worse! It sent me spiralling into delusions so much worse! But that’s just me.

1 Like

Abilify didn’t work for me either and I had nightmarish withdrawal

1 Like

Did you cross taper with another med?

I didn’t taper off it they just took me off it in the hospital probably part of the reason it was so awful

1 Like

Thats rough! 15

1 Like

I felt like I had completely lost my mind, it was horrible. My experiences were shrugged off as depression by my dr but seems this does happen

1 Like

It’s a very vulnerable, scary situation to be in. Sorry you went through it too!

I had an allergic reaction to my first pill of it over 10 years ago. I went blind for 3 days, I was terrified. So I guess technically it stopped visual hallucinations, but voices were a million times worse.

ER spent 12 hours pumping me with benadryl and John says just IV flush. They told him they weren’t sure a different way to get it out quicker. It took like 30mins from when I took the pill to the blindness. John called my GP from ER to tell her, because the pdoc that RXed it didn’t answer calls for my county until 5 days from that day. She was a horrible provider and I’ve mentioned her before.

But total of 3 days because even the flushing and benadryl didn’t fix it. GP and john and I are just glad it wasn’t permanent. But i did have to get new glasses within a month because eyesight deteriorated. When your kids are so little like they were at the time, they couldn’t understand. Oldest was 6, youngest was 3ish.

Never figured out why it happened, but we already know I have reactions badly to several of the “families” of drugs, so anything like Abilify would be auto no go. Like Geodon and Latuda are auto no gos, many of the -ones are not ok with my body.

The pdoc I have now still is just upping my xanax every month or 2 to keep me kinda mellow, but since I failed them all, and medically my brain vessels and heart cannot have the new lumateperone or caplyta (misspelled that I know). She decided to see if getting my pain under control helps the sz more as that could be exasperating it. I start my 2nd fentanyl patch at 8pm tonight and am gonna take only 50mg tramadol with it. And i call later about the lidocaine infusions.

1 Like

I’m on 25mg of Abilify. I relapsed a few times whilst on it. Then each time my pdoc take me up to 30mgs for a while then the delusions would go away. 30mg is a bit rough on me. I cope good on 25mg atm. My pdoc also prescribed Diazepam at a very low dosage PRN. It works very well for me.

I didn’t get blind from Abilify but my vision deteriorated. An other user here too had blurry vision. I did laser surgery which improved my sight and then switched Latuda. Never knew if Abilify’s blurry vision is permanent. Latuda is different and didn’t have side effects while on it other than nausea. I am now on Risperdal and its the best for me.

I had to change my glasses RX after 3 different ones, but it’s been too long to remember which ones.

What they did from 2007-2012 was try me on everything antidepressants, APs, the one from BMS got me a few that were not FDA approved but were Europe approved. But with reactions, full out allergies, or just not working on anything or helping I was switching drugs or maxing doses every 2 weeks. In 2012 we finally went back to Zyprexa and Prozac, aka Symbyax, but we did the zyprexa and prozac so we did doses that were not medically healthy or smart, but I was zombies but didn’t sleep…it was hell and I did that until March 2019. The reason we stopped it to begin with is after I tried it back in like 2010 my triglycerides ended up at 1500 after a month, my cholesterol was really bad, etc. And I was in SD in a town where nearest fast food or restaurants were 100 miles away, and I only made that trip when I was forced other than once a month when I went grocery shopping for the month.

I was on a ton of anticholesteral meds, after that month. And the weight gain of 70 pounds in a month. But I went back on it when my GP begged me to just pick something as it didn’t mess with my blood sugar numbers, and she like the triglycerides numbers, esp since a normal number is like 150 or lower, but since we could move dosages around she did what she could. When I moved to WI in 2014, I went thru 3 pdocs in the office by 2016 because they do not stay with Mercy Health. I got that woman pdoc, she was just as evil as the one from BMS in SD. She’d get her heart on a drug that was new, and just change me to it no talking, our RX is all faced over to Walgreeens, so she’d say pharmacy will explain to you when you pick up. I finally told her March 2019 I was done with meds. I weighed 270lbs, i had dieted, i had been going to gym etc. That ■■■■■ is the reason I took Vrylar and even though my throat and tongue swelled up, she insisted to try this and then when she saw my physical reaction the next week she said take 12 benadryl a day, upped the dose. I did that for 6 weeks, then i dropped her as a doctor and the med and did as my therapist who saw me every other week said to do. Therapist filed a complaint against pdoc as a professional colleague, I filed against state license board and Mercy itself. I ended up in August 2019 in ER in such a panic attack as I was unable to do anything but drool, because tongue took up my mouth, and I thought I was gonna die. So i went to ER and they assumed my panic attack was drug withdrawal from street drugs, i started throwing up uncontrollably and my husband had to tell them to ■■■■■■■ look at the physical reaction. It took them 2 hours before they did a blood and pee test to check for drugs and they were not believing it came back clean. But the nurse came and did a hip injection of an antinaseau med which stated you have to be standing or lying flat to receive in hip, she had me hunched over a bucket, and the needle went in wrong and the stuff ■■■■■■ my hip joint. That is when i lost the ability to walk at 34 years old. I’ve been on a cane since then, but I’m bed ridden pretty much.

That’s why mynpost about pain management the other day was my good news in so long, and i framed the ■■■■■■■ letter i got from Mercy this March saying Kirmani Moe lost her ability to practice psychiatry in our county. I got a new pdoc back in October and she’s wonderful, but i take my husband to every appt to every doctor now, because he oks or says no to things. But we found out after i filed against K Moe she was still allowed access to my files and she put notes in saying i had kids that if my husband ever decided to dump my ass i shouldn’t get anything but court supervised visits, and just notes that were to ■■■■ me over lifewise. Current pdoc could see the dates things were entered so she had to file with Mercy for inappropriate access to revoked permissions on a patient file, and we found out she looked up my son’s file too. So i went scorched earth as did my husband and we went after Mercy healthcare. I ended up getting a bunch of bills removed, but we had to keep the notes K Moe put on so that we have that as court was brought up, since Covid happened i don’t know if we’ll ever end up as part of the legal case against her, but if they ask for say a written statement I’m ratting her out. We got Walgreens to flag certain drugs to be kept available copies of what her doses and reasons were so they can be printed to take or be given as evidence.

I don’t like when you intentionally misdo your job, she wasn’t looking to help anyone, and it wasn’t just us that did complaints.

But i am doing my 4mg of xanax a day, plus 2mg prn if needed extra, but my husband and I attend therapy appts together, and see pdoc together, and we’ve got pain management now, so we’re getting things together because yeah I’ve lost 130lbs and all that, but I just stay in bed. My kids are 13, almost 15, and 16, they basically just do their thing right now. Lockdown is until June here now, so john and I do groceries once a week, nothing else is open, and that is my moving for 2 hours a week.

Sorry, this got long, but I woke up as it’s pain med time and saw you responded to me. I’m gonna take my meds and try to sleep until 7pm.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.