Crawling the walls

So my roomie’s brother, whom I’ve known for most of my life, is having a house party (yeah, that kind) and wants me to go tonight.
Said there are women that want to meet me and yada yada yada.
I know there will be hard partying going on. Music is going to be live. I really don’t want to go but almost feel obligated.
Once I get there I’ll be trapped there until tomorrow and I’m REALLY not cool with that. Don’t want to be around drunkies and spinners. Yes it would be nice to meet some new people/women but I’m just not part of that scene anymore and haven’t been in awhile.
Probably will hang out here alone but that sucks too.
May be a recipe for disaster if I go.
There.
Just had to get it on paper.

edit: I really just want to curl up on the sofa with my daughter but that is not possible.

I would just say no or at the very least make up some excuse for not being able to go. Though peer pressure never really worked on me since I was treated like trash by everyone growing up so by high school when I was actually popular for whatever reason I didn’t give a crap what anyone thought of me.

1 Like

If it puts your sobriety in jeopardy I say don’t go. If my friends weren’t coming over I wouldn’t leave the house as well…

1 Like

Yeah, way too old for this kind of party. I’ll think of something. I just spoke with the kid and she isn’t leaving the house so we will probably hang out via facetime.
I need a dog. Thanks y’all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.