Covid related shortness of breath?

I know many of you have followed covid closely so hopefully someone will be able to help. I had covid a few months back and after a few days I was already on the mend. At no moment did I develop respiratory problems. However for a month now I’ve experiencing shortness of breath, which I’ve never done before. Could this be covid related? I should disclose that I’ve recently gained some weight, and that I seem to be sleeping less and less. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I may have had it in Jan. before there were tests. But months later I went to a sleep doctor and I have sleep apnea (shortness of breath) my oxygen is at 65 when I sleep when its supposed to be like 98 or 100. I stop breathing in my sleep and Im supposed to use a CPAP machine. Maybe you could try a sleep study and get approved for a CPAP they help you breathe when you sleep, and can help improve daily life and fatigue. I don’t know if my sleep apnea is covid related because there were no tests available when I possibly had covid in 2020.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I seem to be alright at night and I’m not snoring either, but it could be a lead. How do you know you stop breathing at night?

1 Like

Google “long covid”

I know how to Google, but thanks anyway.

There’s a syndrome called “long covid”

1 Like

Shortness of breath could very well be Covid related.
Long term health issues are a very real problem stemming from this virus.

2 Likes

I had to go to a doctor and she ordered a sleep study. You go into a building and they monitor your breathing etc. while you sleep. It’s kind of like an overnight EKG. The nurse hooks you up to a machine, and the cpap to see if it helps. I had two incidents where I needed the CPAP so I passed the test of severe sleep apnea. The nurse didn’t stay in the room while I slept, but you are being monitored closely to see if you have episodes of sleep issues.

1 Like

OK, so you only became aware you’d stop breathing at night once they monitored you. I wlll go to the doctor. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

I don’t know your weight, but being very overweight can cause shortness of breath. But anytime you’re struggling for air, which is very serious, you should immediately see a dr

1 Like

Do you suck on the devil’s nicotine teat?

Long covid has implications for anyone who has had covid.

1 Like

I’m just mildly overweight. But yes, I’ll be going to the doctor.

1 Like

Good. I’m glad you’re going

1 Like

I don’t smoke but my lifestyle is not that healthy at the moment.

1 Like

Last night, and also every now and then, I have trouble “catching my breath”. After consulting with health care authorities, it turns out to be anxiety.

1 Like

In my case it feels physical, but you never know.

1 Like

It might feel physical, but is it physical? What do your doctors tell you?

I’m going to the doctor next week, we’ll see.

1 Like

My mom and I both had a mild case of Covid last summer. We both still have shortness of breath from time to time. So yes, I think that you could be experiencing this as well.

1 Like