Could someone explain these results?

What means mean difference and p=?
And does it improve alogia?

Might be mean difference is average difference across sample of subjects between Min-101 and a placebo and p is the probability of that difference occurring by chance.

1 Like

When you perform a hypothesis test in statistics, a p-value helps you determine the significance of your results. … The p-value is a number between 0 and 1 and interpreted in the following way: A small p-value (typically ≤ 0.05) indicates strong evidence against the null hypothesis, so you reject the null hypothesis.

3 Likes

I sort of know, but it is over 25 years since I did statistics and the tables are out of context.

So if i get it right for example they expected 0.182 change for alogia but the outcome was 0.329

Im probably wrong right?

What does this mean?

Does it mean i have 50% chance that i can take the drug because i take abilify?

I can’t read that table on my phone except the title, which is (paraphrasing) drop out rates on rcts of APs. Rcts is randomized controlled trials. It’s just a chart showing the drop out rates for drug trials. It shouldn’t have anything to do with whether you can take the drug or not.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t help you…

I’ve seen codes for launching a nuclear weapon which look easier to understand.

2 Likes

Placebo is a neutral tablet. On it,71% of 155 participants dropped out versus 51% of 155 participants on Abilify. Regarding the first table, 64 mg of Min-101 is significantly better than placebo for most problems including alogia.

2 Likes

Paging @twinklestars …is this any good statistical… what are the difference between highlited green alphabet and black alphabet…which one is best…

Here is the pdf
Page 16 and 17 you see the results
MIN-101 Hot Topics Session 2016 ACNP-1.pdf (1.3 MB)

1 Like

Hi @andrey do u understand these figure…it kinnda confusing…

Can’t read it on my phone, sorry. I will try to have a look when I’m on a computer.

1 Like

Good morning sister @twinklestars … okay look at them when ur in computers…thanks anyway …

Cant you download the pdf and then read it.
We are depending on you jk lol

I can download it, but not read it.

Is the same info available on a web page?

No he sent me a link in a email

1 Like

Someone from Minerva? That’s cool. I will look, just can’t right now.

1 Like