Conversations with the voices

Did anyone else ever find themselves deep in conversation with their voice, like talking to a real person?

4 Likes

I catch myself talking back to them at times, it’s a warning I’m not doing to well. I’ll lose myself in conversation with them and just blink and realize what I’m saying

yep 875876587658765876

1 Like

Did your voice ever try to convince you that you don’t have schizophrenia or anything else?

its a difficult subject, it could be mental illness or it could be something else like your guardian angel or a bad spirit.

3 Likes

I’ve voices that tell me I’m not sick and to quit my meds.

I’m lucky enough to have insight into knowing the voices arnt real

Literally told me it wasn’t in my head and that there was others like me. I don’t what to think,the voice seems so real so I’m pretty convinced someone is ■■■■■■■ with me

They can be tricky, I know they tricked me a few times. Only thing that helped me was finding the right meds, which was a process

Ya I’ve tried three already. I’m on risperidone now which only lowered the noise of the voice. I still have conversations.Saving clozapine for a more rainy day

I just started a med switch myself, from risperidone to latuda.

Here’s hoping good outcomes for both of us.

The fact we still have voices tells us we are somehow sick. Never trust the sneaky punks that whisper in our ears

3 Likes

Ya I’d say they will be here no matter what I’m just glad there not as loud now. Ya for both of us,least were not alone :grinning:

1 Like

Yes this morning. Asked. Bunch of questions I told him well I got to go.yelled at today

Because schizophrenia is not diagnostic. You raise an interesting point…

1 Like

You really shouldn’t say those things, it could worsen someone’s delusions.

There’s no proof of spirits or guardian angels.
However, there’s tons of proof that voices are just our subconcious and our imaginations, as well as our senses, running haywire.

Voices are in your head. No one else can hear them, and they’re not real no matter how much they tell you they are.

I sometimes talk with mine, but I try to keep it at a minimum.

2 Likes

I usually just talk to my voices when I tell them to shut up

1 Like

My voices can also lend my body, not just sending voices to my brain. Some of them seem to care about me and the others not. They don’t seem delusions. A delusion would be more like hearing something random.

I agree it’s the type of conversations I have it’s like the voice has a brain too,really smart answers too seems so real

You never want to quit meds cold turkey. It’s something that takes years

It’s with my pdocs supervision, is never attempt it without her walking me through it, I’m stepping down gradually

Good. It can’t be proclaimed enough. That’s all…