Conclusion~ "Art therapy is not merely 'arts and crafts'"

So. Dear Reader, What Are Your Thoughts?. Have You Experienced ‘Art Therapy’ Yourself?.

Does Anyone Think, Watching Television, Listening to Music, Reading, And or Writing, Can Be a Form of Helpful Self Expression in And of Itself?. Or!, Could Being Somehow Involved in Something Perhaps, Too Abrasive, Like Any Form of Art Could Cause More Trouble Than it’s Worth?.

Any Thoughts With Those Questions, And!, or The Article Posted is Welcomed!.

And Feel Free to Ask Your Own (!!!)… . … :snake: :lizard: :snake:

1 Like

I’ve been told I’m a good writer but other then that I am not very artistic or creative. So for an art therapist to try to make me as artistic as everybody else in a roomful of people who it always seems are more creative than me, it does not help me.

The two things they made me do that I would never do voluntarily, but I was forced to do was art therapy and guided relaxation exercises. My understanding was that they were supposed to be helpful and kinda fun.

I never found either of them helpful or fun so what’s the point?

It’s like the art therapist and the meditation leader got their degree in Nazi Germany: “Achtung! This is art therapy. You vill have fun right NOW! You vill enjoy yourself, this is an ORDER. Or you vill suffer the consequences!!!”

2 Likes

I wasn’t very creative as a kid. I could see that reflected in my personality and behavior.

But as an adult I love writing music especially and expressing myself and it clearly shows in how I present myself

I enjoyed art therapy when I did PHP. It really helped me to express things that may have been hard for me to talk about. I still remember a phrase I made cutting out different words from magazines for one art project “I want happiness that lasts and lasts”

I did 'art therapy ’ at the psychiatric hospital I was at. I loved it. Not only cos my pic was nice. But the group dynamics were good. And I was unmedicated, at the time, idk why it ws such a good memory, Tbh, but it was,… There was this girl there and I really liked something bout her too,… She was ranting about how some guys mistreated her during the session lol she was really fascinating to me. I don’t think I’ll forget her easily. And the atmosphere of that hospital :upside_down_face: was lovely. Lots of us crazy ppl being crazy together. Kind of. That’s why my painting was good, was in a good place

1 Like

As You Can See Dear Reader, Art Therapy, And Art Can Be a Completely Elusive Creature

Very Insightful And Elusive Posts in And of Themselves Forumers!.

3 Likes

I’ve been in art therapy. This was decades ago when out government still paid for that sort of thing. Now it’s injections, pills, and a fast discharge.

I’ve been a photographer my entire life. I’ve also worked art in the medium known as food (a performance art, if you will). I’m happiest when I’m behind a camera or creating something in the kitchen. I’d love for a dignified universal basic income to become a thing in my lifetime. I’ve decided I’d like to spend what time I have left making more art.

2 Likes

A Form of Art I Personally Didn’t Mention,

Art, A Very Elusive Creature!. Thanx!, For The Insight & Contribution!.

I write poetry… that has helped me to get out things I can’t explain… I also listen to music a lot.

1 Like

Another Form of Art I Didn’t Mention,

And

I Agree With You Completely. Without Music, I Have Nothing, Which Means as You Say,

Thanx!, For Your Expression of Insightful Thoughts!.

1 Like

Well, I could get on board if you consider watching p*rn as art therapy.

As Kurt Cobain Would Say, ‘All Apologies’. @77nick77, That is Not a Form of Art Therapy.

1 Like

One of the reasons for me to play an instrument is that it´s one of the most efficient ways to preserve my cognitive functions now and when I grow older.

And we need to preserve our cognitive functions after psychosis…

1 Like

|||+|||~The Sky is Not a Judge. The Air Does Not Look Down. Breath Gives Life~|||+|||

(((An Excerpt From The Article Posted Above)))

‘There is a difference between “art in therapy” and “art as therapy,” explained Susan Dingsor, MA, LPC, ATR-BC, a Pennsylvania-based art therapist who works with adults with psychosis in an acute care facility’. |||+|||

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.