Concerts again this year...hopeful

I don’t plan on going to any concerts this year because it is hard on me…I went to the Smashing Pumpkins in 2018 and that was super fun but super exhausting and my brother lost me in the crowd but thankfully he called me on my phone and I found him again…not anymore thank you…are you going to go to a concert this year?

2 Likes

I’m done going to concerts. The last time was at a Tech N9ne show at the House of Blues in Hollywood and some ■■■■■■■ kept shoving me then he shoved me into someone and then he shoved me.

I secretly hope lots of people say yes. My husband works in the concert industry and we need money. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Last concert I went to was Ozzy, back in 2002 I think it was. I have no urge to go to another concert. I went to a bunch when i was younger.

1 Like

I saw Shellac a couple of years ago and had fun. The Dead Milkmen before that and was okay.
Last show was Public Image Ltd. I was bored the whole time.
I’m just not into seeing old bands anymore. It’s not the same as when they were still relevant. It just feels dumb and retro. It’s not the 80s/90s anymore.

2 Likes

@eighteyedspy23 I went to an 80s festival a few years back and most of the singers cannot sing anymore. Terri Nunn from Berlin can still sing and still looks great up there. Unfortunately my sister wanted to leave by the point because she was tired. I guess we are too old to really enjoy the music of our youth like we used to.

1 Like

No big ones ever again. Might consider some small ones in a year or so. Seeing how the whole variant thing plays out. I’m willing to let the general population be my guinea pigs.

1 Like

Yeah, I used to really be into keeping up with all the new artists/bands for years, but in the last twenty or so years, I even lost interest in the few bands I still kept up with. I’m completely clueless with pop culture as a whole these days.
I still enjoy music, but these days I’m more interested in taking care of my GF and cat and not much else.
When I moved to our new manufactured home a few years back, I sold my stereos that I worked on
for years (audiophile) and my vinyl, CDs and DVDs. Didn’t have the room for it anymore.
It was actually somewhat liberating. Now I just do Spotify and a little wi-fi speaker and I’m fine with that.
I still play guitar in my room and enjoy that, but after I sold my recording equipment, I stopped writing songs. Sometimes I think I’d like to reignite all that, but I’m just fooling myself. No time and even when I had it, I rarely used it. Usually in short bursts, fueled by my an unfortunate drug problem.
I still happy with my life, happier then even before I got sick.
Change is inevitable. I’m old, but it’s really not bad at all. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.