Coincidence or Synchronicity poll

I think I’m stable. I made a choice to contact an ex associate. Wrong freaking day!!

Thank you for participating.

I was a big believer in syncronicity. Now, not so much, things are bound to happen and sometimes they look like synchronicity or coincidences because our minds play that trick of giving it meaning, but it’s a human thing, not universal.

Same @Minnii. This recent event defies all logic and coincidence. It throws everything I know out the window. Not supernatural but close. You know my disposition.

Well I don’t know what happened so I can’t have an opinion, but let me remind you, just in case you don’t remember, that you have an illness that plays tricks with your mind, any meaning you give it will be bound by that fact. Not calling you crazy, just stating it. Happens to me a lot, for example, people with messages in tshirts and sweatshirts that are coincidentaly in tune with current events in my life. Happens often, my mind gives it meaning, but I know it doesn’t have any. Or the fact my exboyfriend pops up every time I meet someone or just started a relationship, it’s not like he knows, I don’t say anything, he just pops up. I don’t know, it has no meaning, it is what it is.

2 Likes

I can explain most of my delusions as delusions. This time there is coincidence and fact to back it up. To put it lightly, it would hold up in court. I’m a skeptic. It baffles me.

I personally think that it is better to see things as coincidence, because of all the bad things that happen to onesself and others, rather than it being a plot to hurt you and your dearest. It isnt awful to think that the good things are destined to happen to you either.
But i believe the bad always outweighs the good, especially with this illness, so id prefer it to be coincidence, even though i cant force myself to choose when strange unexplainable things happen. Maybe its just my pessimism here.

1 Like

It is a bad thing that happened. Although I know I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. The timing on my part is ridiculous. I’m not religious at all. This has really questioned my philosophy though.
What do I have to do with this???

A situation that violates known parameters becomes an exception. If the exception repeats it should become part of the parameters and outlook should be adjusted accordingly.

1 Like

the more you look for synchronicity the more your brain will find it. its the connecting the dots game.
when you stop thinking that way then it will fade.

3 Likes

nothing at all.

Let me tell you what happened to me recently.

Yesterday I was talking to a family friend who told me about a 10 pence piece he had as a kid. This coin had the queens face on one side, and on the tails side a picture but for some freak reason this image wasn’t lined up properly. It was at a funny angle. Anyway he kept the coin thinking it could be rare and worth money. But unfollow rtunately he lost it years ago.

Well today I bought a Coke and got my change. One of the coins had a little sticker on the heads side saying “QC (quality control) pass”. Thought this was odd so flipped it over. The image on the tails side WAS AT A FUNNY ANGLE!!!

I mean what are the chances of that. Not sure if this is synchronicity but is kinda cool any ways.

1 Like

You Should Check Out ROBERT ANTON WILSON’s Book PROMETHEUS RISING … ,

e(Y)e’ve Mentioned it Several T(Y)me$ Here Already but e(Y)e’m a Fan of that Dead Homeskillet … ,

and

() On Topic ()

Tis a Gayme of Both , Your Brayne Always Feels Safer Within Probability … ,

For an Example of thine Opposite , Lately e(Y)e Have Been Getting Deja-vu Almost At Least Once a Day (at nite) , and to Put it Bluntly Without Boring Everyone With My Absence of Classes of Homework Assignment Jumpers and Blunt Beatings (didn’t really hurt tho) From tha Principle Jus After My Uncaring Hateful Teacher Sent me to tha Halls and Blah Blah Blah … ,

Simply Put ,

Tis Both , and it’s Up to You to Decide tha Direction to go , as Who Knows What , Shows You tha NexXxt Maze … … … ,

Yep Yep … … … (2)

I think it’s funny that people believe in such a thing as a chance when there’s no such thing as chance according to the law of causality. So much for Scientific thinking though.

Anyway, when I think of something like “giving meaning to something that has none” I often think of my older brother who does this at times when it’s clear there are no connections in anyway. The thing I can remember most easily is when he saw a crow and shouted “Look there’s a crow!”. Why it was a big deal was simply because he was a fan of the movie The Crow.

When I think of events lining up in a way that seems peculiar it doesn’t keep me in a frame of mind that is trying to find meaning in someway – it just happens. But what I think is unsettling about it is the thought that you’re not in control. That the future is in a constant state of flux and it’s “happenings” are outside of our normal awareness; it’s history is writing itself and yet not written at the same time.

I think there’s some human arrogance or shallowness of mind that likes to downplay synchronicity because it unsettles over-rational minds too much.

I’d like to throw in something that I don’t know if you’d call it synchronicity but it was something that occurred several months ago when I decided to visit my grandma. It had been a while since I visited and I thought she would be happy to have some company. I called and my aunt was there and she decided to pick me up. I hadn’t seen either of them in a long while and was feeling particularly good. On the way driving my aunt had decided to break the awkward silence with a story. She said something about it was on this particular date several years ago (I was maybe 5-7?) that she was supposed to get married. However, on that day I fell ill (I don’t know what possibly a seizure or breathing problems?) and she had to postpone it. She said that out of nowhere (not sure when) I took all the cords and stuff off me and just “woke up” and shook it off like nothing had happened.

Anyway, to me that was a big deal because the feeling to decide about going over there wasn’t “random” and her being there at my grandma’s place to pick me up on this specific date wasn’t either.

You actually choose to give meaning to that particular episode because it’s close to your heart, doesn’t mean it has any. Of course, if it does, who am I to say it doesn’t?

I have delusions of reference and prefer to believe that there’s no higher meaning, for my own sanity, otherwise like @anon31257746 said, it’s connecting the dots game and it drives me mad. Literally mad. No need for that.

And also, things happen all the time, there’s the chaos theory, the butterfly flapping its wings it’s connected to the hurricane in the other side of the world, but the guy that put on a tshirt in the morning didn’t do it for me to recieve a message.

Different things.

3 Likes

Synchronicity is a real thing. it’s not really either or because “more coincidences happen than should.” That is a fact. it’s not coincidence or synchronicity - it is a silly amount of coincidences - which is synchronicity

1 Like

I believe that sometimes, something happens for a reason, and I just don’t know the reason.

I’ve succumbed to reason and logic.
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My simple way of looking at the world is that God made it and it runs according to his plan. He created a paradise and humans and temptations can make bad stuff happen.

Our minds are too simple to figure out the universe but I think God will let us see the big plan of eternity and we’ll just be in awe.

2 Likes

How about this I had a delusion or false memory of something and then decades later the scene played out on a tv show. what do you think–premonition, or coincidence. I can’t go into the details, well I could but its complicated and i don’t think I can do it justice but it involves a portrait .