Coffee and Tea?

Hi everyone, I know this might have been talked about before, but I notice a headache and some disorientation shortly after having black coffee, even the decaf version!

I’m known for drinking large amounts of caffeine daily (black tea, green tea, diet coke…etc), but how can I avoid caffeine? It’s near impossible to drink only water all day. I need something warm like tea or coffee.

However, I don’t feel well after taking large amount (like 5 cups) of tea and a cup of decaf coffee.

Waiting for your comments

Maybe tea without caffeine, like rooibos or red tea as it’s commonly known

I used to drink green tea very often. It’s been several years since then though. I dislike the taste of coffee.

I have red tea (Lipton?) and green tea. Today I had one decaf Americano and I feel dizzy now.

There are loads of herbal teas that are caffeine free. Or you could drink hot water with lemon and honey. Or hot cider. There are plenty of hot drinks without caffeine.

Hmm well it’s a matter of taste too. I like the taste of Lipton tea (red or green). I don’t like anise, chamomile and mint on its own.

Yeah, I have a lot of tisanas in the house, those are mostly infusions of other things other than tea. Like pepermint or fennel or lemon verbena, for example. You can have tea without it being tea and having caffeine. I drink a lot of those for a substitute.

So what’s the effect of caffeine on schizophrenia exactly?

Someone told me the limit is like 3 cups of coffee a day and then you can trigger psychosis with it. I think it depends a lot on what can you take actually. After two cups of coffee I’m alright, the third I’m manic. But I guess you need to read your own body and figure your own limits.

Well I don’t get psychosis but I get a bit dizzy and feel my head is tight! Is this dehydration? or something related to schizophrenia?

I don’t know, I don’t think it’s a sz symptom, maybe it’s just too much for you.

Well I need to lose weight cause my blood pressure is not testing normally for a week now. It might be because caffeine or coffee raises blood pressure, so I don’t feel well afterwards.

I think I read somewhere that 400 mg of caffeine a day is the maximum you’re supposed to get. Actually, that translates into a large amount of coffee. A cup of brewed coffee has about 70 mg of caffeine. I think it pretty much depends on your own system. Some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. I’ve always drank a lot of coffee, and now it has gotten to the point where I don’t really notice the caffeine I take in. If it is hurting you I recommend that you not consume it.

I think it’s a blood pressure problem. I just tested 140/90. I need to work on the tips in this article: