Can't we agree to use the 'say anything' thread?

I’ve noticed a disturbing trend recently.
Some users tend to make new topics several times a day, where they write one line of random text, like “I’m bored” or “I wanna do [thing]” or “I don’t feel life has a purpose”.

In my opinion, those might as well be in the ‘say anything’ threads as they don’t really invite conversation, and take up space.

Can’t we agree to use the ‘Say anything’ threads if all we want to do is post a random sentence? Please?

10 Likes

Somebody took my memembership! I don’t have a home

Yes! Some posters just post spam. Important topics get left out and moved way down the line where people don’t see them.

Also…Users should be encouraged to keep their usernames. Changing usernames just leads to mass confusion for the old heads who are trying hard to follow things!

4 Likes

There’s also a rule to not spam the boards. It’s a fine line.

3 Likes

I’m just waiting for the Guidelines to be rewritten. The “no-religion rule” isn’t even specified there. It isn’t up to me, though, and being new since December, I don’t like to make waves.

1 Like

Let it be…!!! They are intersting sometimes…!!!

3 Likes

The codeword here being ‘sometimes’, not ‘every time’.

Please read this post of Admin:

4 Likes

Yes u are right @anon51414962. Thanks for sharing…!!!

1 Like

Even the “life is poo” thread had replies to it, some of them even interesting. I don’t see the point in refraining from posting, the say anything thread is hard to use as it takes ages to read through, as well.

I like it the way it is, scrolling through posts isn’t such a big effort, and keeps it lively and interesting, more so than digging through one single thread.

2 Likes

But there are options for quick scrolling that quickly take you to the bottom of the page - and no one expects you to read all the posts in the “say anthing” threads.

I’m not asking that people refrain from posting, just that they maybe think twice about making a new thread for something that could have easily been posted in existing ones.

Plus, I don’t mean to be complaining or sound selfish, but it’s a bit frustrating to make a thread that quickly disappears of the front page because someone else made 10 threads about basically nothing.

5 Likes

How can you talk with all posters at once in that single thread?

1 Like

You can’t, I guess.
But if it’s conversation you want, maybe make a chat-thread like the ones @far_cry0 has?

5 Likes

Exactly. :smiley:

I like this site because it has different categories :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe new users want to post there but they are limited to only 3 post on a thread which is not his.

Some people seem to be abusing this to the point that the boards just feel full of spam. It’s not even worth sifting through. If you’re creating several topics a day every day you should really consider the quality of what you’re posting.

1 Like

So do I post only spam? Idk why you say that about me

1 Like

I’m not saying anything about you. I’m replying to your quote.

1 Like

I posted in say anything… People don’t reply to me… I feel like talking to a wall

1 Like