Cancelled my sports subscriptions - couldn’t handle the adverts

Too much triggering stuff. Plus I can’t concentrate on sports anyway so it is a waste of money.

1 Like

I’m totally with you on triggering adverts.

2 Likes

I only watch bbc on live tv now and that doesn’t have adverts

3 Likes

In fact the only thing I watch now with adverts is YouTube, and I think you can pay to remove them.

2 Likes

Just signed up for YouTube premium so no more ads!

3 Likes

Do you have netflix ? There’s no ads on that.

1 Like

I use Adblock for my chrome browser. I don´t get any adverts on YouTube while it is activated.

1 Like

Yeah I have Netflix. Is good. That’s where I get my shows. I am subscribed to a movie rental service too which is add free. YouTube is now add free. Tv is bbc only.

@Vuldarz I watch YouTube on my tv via Apple TV. It doesn’t support ad blockers

1 Like

So I have finally cut the cord! Loving it.

Ps have also indulged in my guilty pleasure - wwe network. The entire back catalogue of wwe events! Lol!

Got rid of our TV subscription because…

1. Commercials suck.
  2. Commercials suck.
  3. Commercials suck.
  4. What passes for “news” also sucks.

The lady at VMedia did everything she could to talk me into keeping it:

“What if we gave you the next three months free?”
“We’d spend three more months not watching it.”
“Where will you get your live sports?”
“Why the hell would I waste my time watching live sports? I have a life.”
" … I’ll put through the cancellation request right away sir."

:blush:

1 Like

Lol! I had a similar deal with my provider. They even put me through to their ‘account retainment team’ who were based in the US. So I got a hard sell! Lol!

I have just edited my channels on free over the air tv to bbc only. So ZERO adverts for me.

1 Like

@shutterbug I used to really get annoyed by the mandatory tv licence fee over here but if it means I get no adverts will gladly pay it.

Hello @anon35166066 .
I understand that you have trouble concentrating, my Schizophrenia in particular weakens my concentration.
Certain problems with concentration were present already in the prodrome in my case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.