Can love scientifically explained

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

It can be explained scientifically. Even if there is no concrete explanation now, it will boil down to serotonin, dopamine, etc…

2 Likes

Love is nature’s way of tricking people to create/reproduce.

3 Likes

Absolutely. You hit the nail on the head.

But, ever wondered, why nature wants you to procreate?

2 Likes

Love is a hell of a lot more than a biological and chemical reaction. It is knowing someone, respecting them and holding them dear in your heart.

There’s a lot more to it than meets the eye

4 Likes

I can’t judge if it’s good or evil intentions of nature. Sometimes it seems there is no passion or harmony. Depends on the perspective of the unique individual, I guess.

1 Like

Well, that is how scientific reductionism works. It ultimately leads to chemicals and how they work. But, it doesn’t tell you why it works the way it works.

1 Like

But, why isn’t all-powerful nature simply indifferent to procreation?

1 Like

I write this question in my notebook. Thanks.

1 Like
7 Likes

I don’t know about everyone else but that’s not why I decided to procreate

4 Likes

But the chemical reaction is a results of the emotions, not the other way around. Otherwise I could inject you with a love drug, and you would fall in love with the first thing you saw.

Scientific reductionism can be quite jaded and blind. It finds what it wants to see not what’s there

1 Like

It is the other way around bro. Emotions are a result of chemical reactions.

1 Like

So if I’m staring at a potted plant, or a mop and bucket and I happen to have a discharge of chemicals in my brain, I am now in love? I don’t think so

Emotion is the trigger. I really think you’ve confused sex with love.

1 Like

If you have the same chemical reactions with a mop or a plotted plant that you would when you are in love with a human, you would fall in love with the potted plant or a mop.

The brain gets sensory inputs, there are chemical reactions, and that triggers emotions.

1 Like

There are also neurochemicals released when you are in pain. So what you’re trying to say is the same as, the pain in my foot caused me to stub my toe.

Hmmm…

Reductionism might be very popular, but it’s far from accurate

2 Likes

The love for a person can be explained by biochemical hormones that are released from the brain to the heart and the rest of the body. But also psychological aspects such as propinquity, intimacy and affection.

2 Likes

No, I meant chemicals in the brain direct you to procreate with someone. Love is an emotion/sensation/feeling which is based on how chemicals in the brain interact. If scientists work out how the chemicals work when you fall in love with someone, then they will be able to train your brain to make you love someone. You see all the love and hate in the world can be reduced to how chemicals in the brain interact.

1 Like

Cause out of love.

1 Like

Infatuation is chemical. Lust is physical.
Love is spiritual.

Being in love with someone is not the same as loving them. Being attracted to someone is not the same as being in love with them.

3 Likes