Can I ask a question

What are delusions exactly? I could Google it but id rather ask someone who knows. I don’t know if what I’m experiencing is called a delusion.

1 Like

False beliefs are considered delusions.

2 Likes

I know right from wrong but I keep having these thoughts that are bad all I can think is the devil Keeps putting them in my head. I mean bad thoughts id never do.

Please I’m not trying to make this about religion.

What delusion do you think you might have?

Sounds more like “thought insertion” which is a symptom.

1 Like

This is a tricky one. If you believe in God then according to that doctrine people actually believe that is true. My parents talk about stuff like that.

But my parents are very normal and dont hear voices or experience psychosis just like other religious folks without psychosis.

In your case its safer to take a belief that this isnt possible. It will weaken that idea that something like that could happen.

Look at it more like an unwanted thought that is persistent. Or intrusive thoughts.

1 Like

I just thought it was religious delusions.

I keep having bad thoughts and I’m thinking over and over the devil is putting them in my head and it won’t stop.

I’m not trying to discuss religion I’m just saying what’s going on with me.

1 Like

Yeah i get it. I was just saying if you can take a simpler view of it just being intrusive thoughts claiming to be from the devil then you can let it go more easily.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate it

1 Like

Maybe it’s "intrusive thoughts " in that case.

Do you have OCD ?

2 Likes

She tried giving me luvox because I can’t take ssris but it made me vomit for 3 straight days.

Theres a difference though.

A standard intrusive thought ex. ‘Wash your hands, dont touch the door knobs, check the lights check the locks’

Just repeating and repeating thats intrusive. Or some sort of rituals in your head. Thats ocd.

But when you think its from a deity or some entity with that being the dominant feature then thats more on the psychosis side.

2 Likes

I just keep having the thoughts and I keep telling my brain to stop I don’t believe that.

Basically if I speak the truth my thoughts say it ain’t so or no you don’t.

1 Like

I had intrusive images that was definitely psychosis a couple years ago. It was non stop and so powerful it was almost blocking my vision when my eyes were open.

1 Like

I wouldnt even argue with the thoughts. Just let it be like the wind and go about your day

2 Likes

I found this when I googled un wanted religious thoughts. What do you think?

Scrupulosity is a subtype of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) involving religious or moral obsessions. Scrupulous individuals are overly concerned that something they thought or did might be a sin or other violation of religious or moral doctrine.

1 Like

It would be; if you thought you were the president of the United States. Doesn’t have to be that bazaar. Anything that is untrue, but you are certain it is true.

1 Like

Fixed false beliefs that won’t go away despite being proved wrong.

1 Like

I get evil thoughts too. I wouldn’t say the devil put them there thou, in my situation.

1 Like

This type of situation is psychosis for me. Psychosis or being psychotic for me is having thoughts that are not rational to me. Thoughts that become out of my control through my personal reasoning and belief’s and freedom. I mostly keep these thoughts to psychosis with the help from my medication. Thoughts become delusions when they overtake my belief system. When I believe my psychotic thoughts they become delusions to me. If I don’t believe my psychotic thoughts then I stay psychotic and don’t become delusional. My medication keeps my psychotic thoughts from becoming delusions by keeping me in control of my belief system. My medication keeps psychotic thoughts from overtaking my feelings. When I keep control and freedom of my beliefs and feelings I don’t become delusional. But I stay psychotic with these thoughts and they do distract me from using my brain and use up so much of my focus and thinking and concentration.

2 Likes