Can anyone tell what does it feel like going back to reality

Do you see people’s facial expression /what they want to express more clearly and you can enjoy the things more and feeling you are living with other people in the same world/in coherence.

what do you think about losing touch with reality and getting back to it?

1 Like

Man this is the most interesting subject in the whole forum!

Yet I die for going back to reality I feel like there is a better life out there just have faith and work from the unconscious to the conscious. I get afraid that I wont be able to act normally like other people… but that just an illusion so have faith …

2 Likes

why die for? do your friends think that you are back to yourself when you think you are really getting a clutch to the reality or is it just a delusion within ourselves :pensive:,

btw how do you go from the unconsicous to the consious ? and do u take any medication ?

1 Like

because it is such a suffering here, but yup I take medication on a regular basis. and trust me it helps!

2 Likes

ok! me2! thanks so much!

1 Like

You are welcome, but be careful it takes so much time in some cases till the meds kicks in … never loose hoop.

1 Like

Everything is just… different. It’s kinda hard to explain. The world seems brighter, but not in a hallucination way, and there’s no pit in your stomach, you feel closer to others, you have less of a desire to spend time thinking, and though you may still have some symptoms, you find that delusional ideas don’t stick like they used to. It’s liberating.

4 Likes

thanks , really hate the illness/ myself though…

thanks…it is encouraging though i hv been very reluctant to cling on my medication as i know i have to take them for life time…and i will not be able to live without them when my body become very dependent to them…

Taking meds for life is okay, as is depending on them to keep you stable. Antipsychotics can’t make you high. Their only function is to correct something that’s gone wrong.

1 Like

thanks… :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Sardonic is right. Freedom from psychosis is very liberating. At first, when it’s gone, you can’t believe it and you keep expecting it to come back. But, after a few months, you start to believe it and you believe it’s your new “normal”.

Just don’t give in to the temptation to quit your meds. Because although you feel normal, you are not normal. You still need your meds.

3 Likes

This. Yes. And if you feel yourself slipping a bit, don’t wait until it gets worse just because you don’t think you’re sick enough. Psychosis is not a game. There’s no way to quantify how long you’ve got to be ill before losing insight. That voice that keeps trying to convince you that hitchhiking to Mexico in order to find the one who created God is only going to get more convincing, until you wake up one morning and think such an act is a good idea. Just do your best to know yourself, you know? Like, for me, the more chaotic and/or specific the delusional idea, the more dangerous it is.

1 Like

I was high from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep for 4 years. I didn’t know what reality was. I just kept going further and further down the rabbit hole until I ended up with a severe psychosis for a year. They gave me an injection of haldol in the hospital that brought me out of it. I was so far gone the doctors told my mom I’d have to be institutionalized. My prognoses was very poor.

I came out of the psychosis and started newer meds. I had a lot of demons from my past and I had to work it out for myself. It’s been 23 years since my last psychosis. I was able to work out the problems I had in my head. I came to peace with my past and moved on.

I have a pretty good grip on reality now. It wasn’t easy getting to where I’m at.

2 Likes

Reality is overrated. Gimmee a good delusion about how all women want me and I’m happy for hours.

3 Likes

So you mean you had recovered since 23 years ago?

I’ll let you know if I ever make it back to reality.

1 Like

Don’t want to lose touch from reality from the first place, feeling sad and withdrawn

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.