Schizophrenia.com

Break On Thru To The Other Side!

I usually feel subdued on this board, but tonight I’m feeling rather like busting out of my shell…I orientate myself with rock music most of the day, just feeling down all the time…too much time on my hands…I have painting class in oils on Tuesday, and “group” on Monday…two shining moments of my week…the rest of the time? Staring at my action figures and wishing I had the money for more…I don’t know why my action figures keep me so entertained…I just got an R2D2 figure and I love it immensely…I tell myself I’m a lot like that figure…the robot that saved the day…has to do with my past delusion that I saved the world…what a grieveful day it was that I discovered I was wrong…I thought the world loved me…now I’m just a withering old man with nothing better to do than wish I had more of a life…

2 Likes

Well, for all it’s worth I understand your pain and am on your side, brother!

1 Like

You are doing something by being a member here because it helps me and probably others here to relate to each other through our experiences.In other words i come here and don’t feel so all alone :slight_smile:

From now on i am saving my posts before i hit reply because my other post is gone :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t deem your life mundane Jukebox. I been listening to a lot of old rock, and some new stuff as well. I tell ya it helps when I’m driving on the interstate to get to my destination. Some of us are meant to be astronauts, and some meant to wash dishes. I’ve been somewhat retired since age 25. Finding healthy things to do occupy the big gap has always been my pursuit. I took up outdoors, hunting, fishing. All it takes is a dabble into something and who knows you may find it interesting to take it up as a hobby.

1 Like

I think people get to hung up on the life their living now. There are other lives to live. Tau Te Ching.

3 Likes

Dishwashers have always helped me more than astronauts.

1 Like

And I’m out drive in a foot of snow Ssaveing people

It makes me wonder when people say they wish they had “MORE” of a life. What is a life?

Is it like my brother with the big house and the middle management cubicle and the fancy car, who’s wife is going to leave him and his kids think he’s a jerk?

Of is it humble zen master contently living in a hut on the water and can fish for his food, and no one has ever heard about him.

Famous people didn’t do half the stuff their publicist say they did. I think what really helped me was my Dad’s friend who managed to work his way in Mircosoft for a bit and have the cash to flash when he worked for Mircosoft I really DID NOT like this guy. Nothing in life was ever good enough.

His wife left him, his kids quit associating with him, he had a heart attack. When he pulled out of the heart attack, he got into pottery. He makes garden pots. They are really pretty. He sells them to nurseries. His a fun and cool guy NOW. His kids came back to him. His ex-wife and he are friends.

Which life was he better in? The posh life or the simple life?

3 Likes

thanks everyone for posting…I probably wouldn’t have lamented so much in my post last night had I not drank 5 continuous glasses of beer…haha…anyways, thank you all for the new perspective…

2 Likes