Brain's ventriloquy

How is it possible for an sz’s brain to anticipate what voices and even the languages for the voices to use when the fridge or space heater begins running? I don’t mean to encourage the voices, but it just creeps me out sometimes. Then again, the foreign languages I hear may just be jabbering.

3 Likes

Yeah. The voices are good at finding patterns in random noises and speaking in that pattern. I think it shows extreme intelligence or mild precognative ability.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I know I’m bending the rules here, so best to keep mum from there.

I get voices worse when there is white or gray noise. I think there’s something about all of that interference type of overwhelming sound (at least for me) that makes my brain want to decipher it, so I hear voices in it.

3 Likes

10-4 on white noise. What is gray? But yes, and it happens in public places with white noise, too. I know others aren’t hearing what I hear, so I have to remember that and be quiet about it.

1 Like

It’s similar, but it’s all frequencies with equal loudness instead of energy.

1 Like

Is there a black noise?

1 Like

Yes, it’s mostly silence with an occasional noise that’s rarely picked up. I also hear my voices a lot when it’s silent for too long.

1 Like

Now I get it: frequently occurring = frequency – as opposed to infrequency. This helps. I hope Vraylar gets rid of the voices.

1 Like

Well, frequencies in sound are the different pitches. White noise has all of the pitches all running at the same energy, which sounds like static or other similar sounds like rain falling or a fan running. Gray noise is variable and depends on the individual since it’s based on loudness (I rarely get gray noise due to uneven hearing loss). Black noise is the lack of pitches.

1 Like

I would probably benefit from studying the physics of sound a bit. Thanks for info. And I really did like your poem about your brother. You might be able to publish something like that.

2 Likes

I would recommend it if you’re interested in learning about sound, since the perception of sound (or misperception thereof) is relevant to SZ. Also. thank you. :slight_smile: I plan on honing my skills in my new undergrad program!

3 Likes

Will you go on to get a Master of Fine Arts? I’m in USA, that’s what it’s called here. I think that is so COOL!

When I finish my undergrad again, if I determine it’s worth it monetarily I will. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very expensive. And making a living teaching with it is also tough. You get in as an adjunct here and there. It’s probably worth it, tho. Go for broke!!

10-4 on the voices mixed in with sounds. The shower drain is the worst. I wish they would 10-7.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.