Boredom kills

When I get too bored I think about suicide.
I am extremely bored and all I can do is stay in bed all day everyday sleeping or on this forum.

All I do is wake up play computer games for 3 hours then go back to bed

1 Like

Since sz I am only able to play 1h max once or twice a week. Was playing more on Latuda but I had akathisia. All other meds either don’t work, have unbearable side effects or make me worse.
I am stuck with risperdal. I sleep all day everyday, only get up to eat. In bed I either sleep or on this forums. I can’t do anything else.

At least I don’t have catatonia and am able to post here. I know szic twins who are worse than me, their talking and writing cannot be understood, they talk to walls, to their hand, they destroy their parents’s walls and doors, pee in their backyard, bath once a month, etc

1 Like

I meant 1h max once or twice a week.

1 Like

I work out, eat and crash pretty often lol. I come on the forums often aswell just to read.

1 Like

Boredom leads to depression and bad thoughts

1 Like

I become foul as water.

You need a hobby…

Stop trying to take big steps. The book Atomic Habits tells us to start out very small. Like making yourself sit up in a chair for 5 minutes a day. At least you got out of bed.

1 Like

I tried posting on this site, but my post was never approved, it concerned Niacin. One of the problems with boredom is that as schizophrenics, so much work gives us anxiety. I value taking the Niacin, it takes a while to get working yet I’m not taking enough for it to be effective, I take 500mg per day. The longer you take it for, the more likely it is to be beneficial to the condition. My parents (at least my mum) wants me to move into my own housing, with the view that I am not doing enough with my life at the moment.

Thanks but I don’t have and never had anxiety.
Its just severe negative symptoms like apathy, avolition, self neglect, etc

When I get bored I go to sleep. If I can’t fall asleep I just lay on my bed like a potato

1 Like

Ok no problem. I didn’t know I suffered from anxiety until recently when I came to define it. I never had anxiety prior to being put on medication, many of the drugs induce anxiety.

1 Like

There is always at least a few people on this site, so don’t hesitate to use it. You might try getting yourself some movies. Maybe do some reading. Try to stay positive.

1 Like

I just lie on my bed browsing the internet when I’m bored. My boredom is chronic. Not only that I keep on ruminating and worrying these days and the way not to make it worse is to lie in bed with light off. Sleeping helps relieve boredom but if I sleep in day it keeps me awake at night and I end up sleeping all day and being awake at night which isn’t good.

1 Like

When im bored i start getting a flood of negative thoughts

1 Like

Used to love PlayStation to beat boredom. The antipsychotics really make gaming boring. Well, they make everything boring, except weed for some reason.

Yeah I’m bored too. :zzz:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.