Books on schizophrenia and recovery art

I am looking for some good or inspirational books to read or audiobooks about schizophrenia by authors with schizophrenia. My mom says there’s not enough inspirational films and books by/for people with this mental illness. If you’ve written one or know of any let me know. Also anything creative by someone with schizophrenia, artwork or poetry.

1 Like

Well it’s not about schizophrenia per se but it’s about psychosis its called living with psychosis by melanie Attwater their is this artist called Luis Wain he used to paints cats and they show when he was well and not well look it up he had schizophrenia

2 Likes

This is a book about schizophrenia written by a fellow sufferer, she has done very well despite her SZ

The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness: Saks, Elyn R.: 9781401309442: Amazon.com: Books

The Center Cannot Hold is the eloquent, moving story of Elyn’s life, from the first time that she heard voices speaking to her as a young teenager, to attempted suicides in college, through learning to live on her own as an adult in an often terrifying world. Saks discusses frankly the paranoia, the inability to tell imaginary fears from real ones, the voices in her head telling her to kill herself (and to harm others), as well as the incredibly difficult obstacles she overcame to become a highly respected professional. This beautifully written memoir is destined to become a classic in its genre.

2 Likes

I have sz, but I didn’t write about it.

I wrote this a couple of years ago instead:

Av by Matthew Chard at Inkitt

You can read it for free and if you like it leave a review! :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow this is cool! I love the story concept and plan to read. The website also seems really nice I joined.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.