Book review

Ive read Jane Green - The accidental husband.
Its a roman.
Its a story of an american family, a housewife that has a husband that are gone too much and a daugther with anorexia.
Its not much tension in it But its an ok roman.
I give it 6/10.

If you want you can review a book here.

3 Likes

Good idea, yellow diamond, the last novel i read was in a quite different genre.
Jean Cocteau, an artist form the roaring twenties, Paris. A novel of his cure for an opium addiction he suffered from, a diary about art, love, opium, and addiction.Illustrated by himself.

He got cured for the chronic addiction, but had relapses, like i do.

2 Likes

Oh, a novel.
Sounds like an important subject.

Yes, but easy written, just like an diary, i would love to read again, right now i cant concentrate. This post inspires me to do that.

1 Like

I’m reading Grant by Ron Chernow right now. It’s a biography on Ulysses S. Grant… it’s really good. But for fiction, I’m reading The Fellowship of the Ring by, of course, JRR Tolkien. I loved the universe and movies of the Lord of the Rings, just now started the books. But the last book I finished was by my favorite author, and that book is The Guardians by John Grisham; I give it a 7/10, it was good, just not my favorite of his.

2 Likes

Fellowship of ring i would assume is good as book.

1 Like

I read third book in last two days, it’s Averkije Taushev book about history of Orthodox Church and priesthood, Liturgical elements etc.It’s borrowed from a friend and very interesting, has 650 pages, if you want to know more PM me…

1 Like

I haven’t read a book in years.

1 Like

The Crowd, a Study of the Popular Mind, by Gustave Le Bon, from 1895, about 130 pages, non-fiction. The author believes crowds determine all of the history of countries. Crowds react emotionally and do not think logically Crowds regress to the unconscious. Crowds will do things immoral that the individuals would not otherwise do. Crowds blindly follow a leader.
I found his ideas interesting but he seems cynical about the progress of mankind.

3 Likes

Good on you for reading!

I just finished an old 70’s horror book, The Elementals. It was very good, I really liked the ending to it. It’s sort of a haunted house type story, but it pokes fun at a lot of the cliches in the genre.

I’m sort of reading The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy currently.

1 Like

Horror book, never read that genre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.