Bloomin’ wasps coming in the house to die

I tracked down two wasps earlier. A third I haven’t accounted for and am worried I will step on it. Man wasp stings to the feet suck

3 Likes

Stinging in the eyes can be dangerous. You don’t have the thing that filters bugs on windows and doors? I forgot how its called.

2 Likes

No we generally don’t have insect screens in the U.K. but I would love them though

1 Like

When I was in Germany there wasn’t either but you can install them, I saw them selling it in stores.

1 Like

Wait. Are you telling me that screens aren’t a standard feature on all windows in the UK? Like you just open the windows and let in mosquitoes and bees and stuff?

1 Like

Yep. That is exactly how it is

How do you not have boatloads of malaria, zika virus, and so on?

1 Like

I don’t think malaria or zika comes this far north

This is :exploding_head: right now. I literally had no idea and I cannot imagine living somewhere without something as basic and commonplace as a screen. Do you just have flies on your food all the time? Do you get stung a lot? Do you not have snakes crawling into the windows?

1 Like

Yeah we get flies but we don’t leave food out in the open. Not many snakes in britain

I am so overwhelmed right now. This would be like finding out you don’t have locks on your doors or that green means stop or something.

1 Like

Lol. I am sorry if I have shaken your world view leaving you in an existential crisis :joy:

4 Likes

I’m sure I will recover, in time. Just gotta take it slow. How do you keep mice out of your house?

1 Like

Yeah we get mice every now and then. But they mostly live between the walls

YOU JUST COEXIST WITH MICE???

Did you learn nothing from the Plague?

3 Likes

I’m gobsmacked. As someone that grew up in the American Southeast with tons of flying bugs…not having screens is a weird idea.

And I got a cat originally just to deal with mice.

1 Like

Is it bad of me to find your shock funny!

1 Like

No…because I’m shocked and still find it funny. Poor @Ninjastar.

1 Like

Not at all. I must admit, I’m playing it up for comedic effect. But seriously, as someone with a severe insect sting allergy, it is horrifying to imagine them just flying around.

1 Like

I seriously want to order him some screens now.

2 Likes