Best thing about schizophrenia?

What do you think is the best thing about being schizophrenic?

For me, it’s not believing my own ■■■■■■■■, knowing that my own thoughts are not necessarily reality. I think this makes me more in tune with myself than some normies.

2 Likes

The best part? Knowing it and owning it!

1 Like

I’m never bored. I have an imagination beyond a lot of things. I’ve had people call me smart and creative genius. I’m thankful for it because I have a lot of mind art “powers”, like remembering what lines I did for an art piece so I can re-trace invisible lines later, or being able to see what’s on the page before I begin.

1 Like

Nothing so far.
I’m treatment resistant and nothing works :expressionless:
I’ve gained weight from medications; blood tests, doctor visits, and medications cost money.

Nothing. 1515151551515151

The spelling? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is nothing positive about having schizophrenia.
Maybe I’ve become more empathetic towards others but that’s about it really.

2 Likes

The best thing about sza is the fact that I can talk to my spiritual entity and He talks back to me. He guides, consoles and chastises me. And I listen to him and take His advice. He is like my best friend even.

1 Like

The best part for me is seeing things that others can’t. My hallucinations are never scary so I generally like that I see things. I just think of it as seeing magic that nobody else can. The orbs I see are kind spirits. The cats are my animal guides. The shadow figures I see are ancient entities. And they’re all my friends and care about me.

(I know this is a crock of bullshit however it comforts me thinking this)

The worst thing is not being able to trust my gut instincts. I can’t really tell if something is dangerous or it’s just my paranoia or anxiety.

2 Likes

Sometimes I hallucinate and see my dead son. I love it when I get to see him.

1 Like

When my son first died, I saw him twice. My doctor said that was normal during bereavement.

1 Like

I like seeing things that are not there for some reason. Mostly its cats, so not scary. I used to call the cats that I saw that were not there: Mr. Schrodinger and I used to think that they were from another quantum reality. That was fun too. Having the ability to see other versions of Nick and Ivan and other cats too. Also, I liked having the ability to read others minds (when I used to believe that). It was my little secret.

Though I know that all of the stuff with sz is bad news though. So I am glad that I mostly don’t see things anymore. Or believe these silly things. I’m glad that I kept my “abilities” secret. It could have been embarrassing.

I like being able to see things others can’t even though they used to all scare me (some still do but eh). I like being able to talk to spirits (the friendly ones at least). I like the learning experience. And I like that it makes life more interesting at least. Its hard to live like this but its not all bad. Tbh without my spirits/alters idk how I would have survived this long.

Unfortunately I can’t find anything good about it…

I dream of being normal and living a “normal” life.

Sz ruined me so badly. There isn’t anything good about this ■■■■ illness

2 Likes

Best thing has to be the way my voices and I collaborate on my daily tasks. Instead of feeling the weight all the time it kinda feels like a team has my back. Multiple perspectives makes stuff easier to rationalize and break down. However, said it once I’ll say it again, I’m still young. I’m sure it’s bound to tear me apart eventually, for now I’ll enjoy what I can. Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.