What are the best things about having sz?

whats the best things having sz?

my favourite thing is most people never had it and never will

Uhh…let’s see uncontrollable bouts of paranoia…no no that sucks…vivid hallucinations…no that sucks too… all that while I’m driving…nope that sucks balls…too …hmm the meds…oh wait those suck too…all I can think of is a vivid imagination and a diff way of thinking…but their kinda double edged swords…pull you deeper down the rabbit hole if your not careful…oh and the voices suck too…

1 Like

People will think you’re special and eccentric. Downside: people will think you’re contagious. People will treat you like a leper.

2 Likes

Lol most people have never peed directly into their own mouth either…wanna join that club too?

4 Likes

Being able to see and appreciate the different colours, nuances and subtleties that this world has to offer.

Having basked in the Sunshine of madness on more than one occasion, reality simply becomes folly after that.

2 Likes

not having to work,

2 Likes

holding great strength from burdens

3 Likes

That comment is brilliantly obnoxious.

1 Like

I’ll take that as a compliment…and wish you well on your path…lol

3 Likes

money for misery i would say,

The voices are the best part. ; )

I’ve had some nice experiences with hallucinations and sometimes the voices can calm me down (though not often.)

It’s kinda awesome to have a perfectly reasonable excuse for being a mess sometimes. Some people are just a mess.

1 Like

i am bigger and better lol (i wish) i wish i was better i mean lol

1 Like

I’m not even gonna try to make light of living with sz, it’s really unforgiving

My paranoia makes me an extremely safe driver, because I always think the car behind me is an undercover cop.

6 Likes

It changes your personality when you suffer as much as we have. For myself I think I am a stronger person and continue to become stronger because I fought my hardest against the positive symptoms, which are 90% gone, and now am fighting the negative and cognitive symptoms. Not everyone changes for the better though. Some people become bitter and ruminate about the past. Some people take it out in anger against the stigma they face. Everyone responds differently.

I’ve been in and out of hospitals and pdoc and tdoc offices for the past 19 years. Sometimes I get tired of fighting so hard but at the end of the day I’m grateful for the person schizophrenia has made me. :sunny:

6 Likes

Man. That is me in every car I have been in since getting ill. See undercover cops everywhere.

1 Like

Schizophrenia urged me to reflect on who I’ve had become - and it wasn’t all pretty. It dawned on me I had, among other things, serious issues with sociality. Recovering from it got me to appreciate my friends more, and urged me to be a better friend to them, both in thought and action. Sharing it with them gave them the chance to help, a chance to be there when I needed it, and I feel some close ones really seized that opportunity. I feel my friendships have a lot more substance to them nowadays than before. That’s the best thing I got out of it.

3 Likes