Been 2 days of lowered meds

So I’ve lowered my dose of zyprexa and lithium since 2 days ago. I’m feeling fine and am still doing fine the way I was nothing feels to have Changed. Hopefully by tomorrow I shall feel improvements like less sedation and thank God the lithium is only at 500mg per day.

3 Likes

be careful. I only lasted a week before voices get intense again…

1 Like

Wish you all the best. Sz can be managed without medications and all the side effects that come along with it in some cases.

1 Like

If you on less than 10mg of zyprexa then you’re basically off meds.

1 Like

What about 7.5mg Dr everhopefull?

2 Likes

From google

Efficacy in schizophrenia was demonstrated in a dose range of 10 to 15 mg/day in clinical trials.

7.5mg is off meds.

1 Like

I have collected user comments on SZ meds as much as possible. According to my knowledge, 5 mg Zyprexa is the lowest dose that have kept some patients at bay long. So you can try 7.5mg zyprexa carefully.

1 Like

Hope it works out, when the Fanapt I was taking made me too sleepy all the time, my doctor lowered it from 24 mg total to 10 mg total. I did just fine.

Careful. You saw what happened to om_sadadiva when he lowered his dose. Idk what’s with all the complaints about meds and sedation. I take Latuda 80mg no real changes in sedation. It just gives me anxiety that I am now medicated for. I really do not think meds necessarily exacerbate negative symptoms.

1 Like

Be very careful @anon20318121.
I switched meds then went back on Risperidone but at a lower dose.

It took me like a month before I lost my mind completely and had to be involuntarily hospitalized in 2016.

I wouldn’t fool around with your meds on your own.
Contact your doctor before you end up hurting yourself or God forbid someone else.

2 Likes

Do not lower it too much, there is something called abstinence effect that worsens everything

1 Like

Good luck, hope you start feeling better soon.

I hope it works out for you. If it doesn’t, don’t write off going back on the meds, I know meds can do terrible things to us but it’s not defeat if you have to go back on to stay stable.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.