Meds are making me stupid

I want to stop them. I will have a good time of no positive and negative symptoms for sometime then get back on meds. Will the psychiatrist accept this?

I can detect when I will need meds but dont know if they will work again.

1 Like

You may feel stupid but actually, you are warmer. Your intelligence use to be cold, betcha.

1 Like

You can’t just try to go on a lower dose? I feel like that would be a better idea. Or maybe try a different AP?

I was a total zombie on 600 mg Seroquel but on 7.5mg Zyprexa I still have energy for most of the day.

3 Likes

i dont think it will go the way your hoping. maybe ask pdoc if you can go to 3mg or 2mg for a trial?

1 Like

Probably not. But I know the temptation. I’m tempted to try going off mine to see if it helps with Anhedonia. I’m so tired of it. I probably won’t though.

1 Like

Exactly here’s your major concern…

Did you not tell me once that you have negatives now even off meds?

Maybe I misunderstood

I have paranoia on lower doses, I tried 3mg for a few months. I tried Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel (for sleep), Latuda and Risperdal. Zyprexa didn’t work at 15-20mg. On Latuda I had some positive symptoms. Just the 20mg Abilify worked for both negative and positive symptoms, I think bcz its a partial dopamine agonist. But I had to stop Abilify after 8 years due to worsening side effects, addictions and hypersexuality.

I am so stuck and unlucky, my only hope is the only other partial dopamine agonist, Vraylar.

1 Like

Much less. That was compared to before sz.

1 Like

I had paranoia on 3mg Risperdal.

1 Like

It is a huge risk to take. You may end up having to go on a higher dose if symptoms come back, so maybe even stronger negative symptoms

3 Likes

I told my brother I am not taking my meds and he started yelling so you try to kill me again? I took them and feel like sh!t again.

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks but we are kind of stuck with them. I wish there was a magic pill with no side effects but unfortunately, there isn’t

1 Like

You ain’t stupid, bruh.

:heart:

5 Likes

Maybe I should take benzos to sleep all day and not think about quitting meds. I don’t know how I will take meds after my parents die as I will be alone, I can’t trust myself with taking meds without my parents.

2 Likes

That sounds like a bad idea, benzos all day

1 Like

I think its better than stopping my antipsychotic. Maybe the psychiatrist will prescribe them to me by then.

I know you like like the idea of therapy, but… Therapy.

2 Likes

It is not a good idea, even if you don’t lose insight you’ll be in psychosis for a few weeks before they start to work again.

1 Like

Prob wont make you feel better but currently dealing with violent thoughts and vivid violent images of me doing things to people i know. So vivid i feel and hear it and it almost takes over my vision.
I hate it. So for me its risperidone until the 18th when i meet my pdoc.
Havnt dealt with symptoms like these since 2011.

1 Like