Bad interview

I don’t think I had a good interview today. I applied to another warehouse today. Hopefully I get an interview with them and it goes well this time.

7 Likes

Never easy in those sorts of environments. Hope you get a look in with the warehouse job. I liked working in warehousing. Physical work but simple so your mind could wander. Hope your next interview is better.

2 Likes

Thanks @rogueone. I hadn’t interviewed in 7 years. I’ll be more prepared next time.

2 Likes

It’s labor. Hard to screw up that kind of interview.

You have a pulse and can lift things. Bonus for no criminal record. You’re probably in.

2 Likes

Sending you good vibes @CoCo

:heart:

1 Like

Everyone else interviewing wore a suit. I wore khakis and a blouse. My availability is either full time with benefits or 12 or less hours to keep my disability benefits. Others were more flexible with their hours. There was only 1 opening for 20 hours per week. I’m pretty certain I won’t get the job.

1 Like

Thanks @shutterbug

1 Like

Do warehouse jobs provide benefits? I always thought those were some of the toughest jobs.

The ones I’m applying at do.

1 Like

Why would you wear a suit to a blue collar job interview? Seems like overkill. You probably dressed fine.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too.

2 Likes

Well, at least you got an interview and at least you showed up. You’re not always going to get a job your first try, it may take a few interviews.

1 Like

Good point @77nick77

1 Like

Don’t worry if you didn’t get it. Practice makes perfect and so practice is necessary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a great interview at a job that I should’ve gotten but I wrote on their paper that I had SZ. Even though they said it wouldn’t matter you know it did.
So I learned never to self disclose. Oh yeah discrimination is illegal but happens all the time.

I got a job at another lab and actually she called me years later because I was an expert at what she needed. :rofl:

Don’t worry there’s something better out there for you.
My dad made me interview to be a bank teller. So glad that went badly.

2 Likes

Was it the interviewer of the job you were refused the one who called you back? What I’m confused about is who called you back?

Yes the interviewer called me at my new job that I took when I was refused.
But do you think I forgot her name?!?
I’ll never forget her all smiles and I had so much experience. Her loss :rofl:
I had a twenty year career from next interview so I am so glad.
The lob I had left was out of business in a year also.

2 Likes

i just saw a job in a pepsi warehouse paying $20/hr, for a forklift hour, but it’s an hour’s commute so i didn’t apply. my brother in law manages pepsi’s 401k program for a big investment company, so i know they have some benefits.

3 Likes

My mom once recommend fork lifting for me but I had severe DP/DR and eye problems like depth perception and poor vision. They get paid well.

I kinda just want a white collar job in math or engineering. I guess I’ll wait it out till I feel better. I’m hoping to move in a year with my dad, but we don’t really get a long so I’m probably just creating false hope for myself.

I really cannot live or survive on my own right now.

I like actuarial science but it’s hard. I don’t know. I could do some of the math but my brain was slow and I hit a plateau in studying. It would take me 5x longer than my friend.

I think my dad is retiring tomorrow because of pay cuts and layoffs and furloughs. A ten percent pay cut isn’t worth working for him.

I like programming too. I can actually sit at a computer sometimes for hours.

3 Likes

I just got a new interview at a warehouse. It’s on Saturday. It’s $11/hr and it’s a seasonal position.

1 Like