Back on my medication

I had a bad spell a couple of weeks ago and wind up in the hospital. I didn’t feel right so I stayed in the psych ward for a week and got back on risperidone. It’s a lower dose than last time, but it works without making me feel as bogged down like before. They tried putting me on Abilify, but I reacted horribly to it. I could barely stand the next day.

But now I’m feeling better, but still a bit scared about getting back to life and school. Kinda feel like I woke up from a dream.

4 Likes

hi Djinn sorry you went through a rough time of it i tried abilify too and didnt get on with it hope you feel more settled soonxxx tc

1 Like

I am glad you are feeling better. I am on risperidone as well–4mg. It is a lot better for me than Geodon.

About getting back to life and school, you can do it. I was so nervous about starting at my new school that I thought about dropping all of my classes and going to the hospital, but instead, I went to school, and have done quite well so far. I am still not out of the woods yet, though. I have to take a final in my Cultural Realities of Spain class, and it is going to be hard.

1 Like

I know how it feels to get back to normal life after a relapse. It is scary. Take it easy on yourself, I often describe schizophrenia and recovery as a bad dream too.

Sorry you ended back in hospital, but getting on lower dose it a plus if it’s working for you. It is going to take some time to get your feet back under you. Take care of your self, be patient with yourself, and be kind to yourself.

I’m glad your feeling better.

1 Like

Yeah, Abilify was not the right drug for me either - I too am on Risperdal at a pretty low dose, it does help me mentally but has not been so kind with me physically - glad you are feeling better