Schizophrenia.com

Back on Artane

I started taking Artane again after being off it for ten years… I don’t remember why I stopped it in the first place but now I am only two days into it and I am getting blurred vision, light headed and a bit anxious. I am most concerned about blurred vision and read that it can cause a form of glaucoma in rare cases. I have somewhat high eye pressure and a very strong family history of glaucoma so I think I am going to forget about trying to manage my muscle stiffness for the time being. I called my psych dr and she will be getting back to me…

Oh well you win some and you lose some as far as meds go.

Never heard of this med. Hope the doc can find something else for you xx*

1 Like

Thanks… I feel a lot better today after stopping it. My stiffness isn’t really that bad and might improve if I just move around some more. Maybe I will try Tai Chi or something…

1 Like

Why do you take Artane?

I was trying it as a medicine for side effects from my Risperdal… I think I get pretty stiff from it. I may have a little bit of mild TD too. It’s not too big of a deal but I was hoping it would make my illness a little less obvious to people.

You can get addicted to this. I took it instead of Cogentin because it had less side effects.

1 Like

My son takes cogentin as needed. He says it makes him a little sleepy.
Tai chi is wonderful.

1 Like