Back and forth between the good and the bad

For the past couple of weeks, I have been going back and forth between good days and bad days- good days where I shower, get dressed, clean the house, go out… bad days where I can’t leave my room, don’t brush my hair, am so scared. Is it “normal” to go back and forth like this? Does anyone else experience this? I just saw my psych on a good day and didn’t mention it because I felt fine, and I don’t want to bring it up now because I’m worried she won’t believe me because I was so good when she saw me.

1 Like

I think there’s a good chance she will believe you. Your psychiatrist has probably seen it all, including much wilder/crazier things than that.

4 Likes

My negatives come in waves. For one month I was fine. Now I am a mess

That’s exactly how I live my life. I get up wondering if it’s going to be a good day or a bad day.

Today looks like it’s going to be a bad day for the record.

1 Like

May be it is bipolar.

1 Like

Hi, Happy_H:
I have lived with mental illness for 42 years. I have had many good, and lots of bad days. Always be honest with your doctor, especially if you forget something or something changed in your behavior.
I also have taken medication all this time. At 70, I think taking medications has a lot to do with it sometimes, the side-effects. I have to battle that every day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.