At least when you’re schizophrenic

You can say “I’m schizophrenic”.

It would be dumb if you could say “I’m schizophrenic” without experiencing the schizophrenia.

Because I feel being able to say you’re schizophrenic is empowering in some contexts. But you shouldn’t be able to have this power unless you’ve suffered due to the illness in mind.

Seems obvious but when I’m having a bad day or a bad moment I say “what did you expect from this illness!? Rainbows and unicorns 24/7??”

4 Likes

Are you in therapy?

Looks like @cbbrown’s niece didn’t get the memo.

1 Like

Yes why do you ask. Every Thursday

I hate it when people say “I can’t make up my mind, I’m completely schizophrenic about it

I’m schizophrenic, and I often can’t make up my mind, but that’s mine, not theirs to say!

7 Likes

But… But you… Where did that saying come from? Indecisiveness isn’t even a symptom of schizophrenia, is it?

1 Like

I hate when people mistake sz for DID.

2 Likes

I hate it when they hear one voice and instantly think they are schizophrenic

1 Like

I thought you were going to make a joke like

“At least when you’re schizophrenic you always have someone to talk to… i.e. yourself.”

1 Like

No, just every other day.

1 Like

I listened to an audiobook “living with sz” - where “im schizophrenic” was banned from it - it said we should refer to ourselves as “schizophrenia Sufferers” instead. I imagine its to prevent the stigma.

Ive done my suffering with my diagnosis like we all have. So it really peeves me when people use it lightly.

1 Like

Schizophrenia sufferers is the same with schizophrenics. How do you fight stigma using a synonym?

1 Like

People say that a lot in Norway. It’s like as soon as you have conflicting opinions, you’re either schizophrenic or bipolar about it.
It annoys the hell outta me

2 Likes

I honestly dont know! Im just repeating what was in the intro to the book.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.