Ashamed of my diagnoses

Anyone ashamed of the diagnosis called schizophrenia? Dont be you are speacial people and can overcome this.

3 Likes

Yeah I hate the word…I want to feel better.

1 Like

I’m not ashamed. The people who I know and love and care about accept me for the dingus I am. I barely interact with the public, and I can keep up a good facade for a while. If I’m having a disaster of a day, I stay home and pop Haldol until I feel better.

1 Like

I’m not ashamed. I just don’t like the people who treat you like a criminal. Marilyn Monroe was diagnosed in early sixties. But nowadays everyone acts like they’re criminals.

1 Like

after 21 years of having schizophrenia I am not ashamed…at first , the first couple years I was ashamed…not anymore…I am a hero for living with this disease. so are you !!

2 Likes

The shame was in the other side,we can be heroes

3 Likes

I love bon jovi and their lyrics :wink:

1 Like

I feel really really ashamed because of my diagnosis.

1 Like

@Katherine85 you are great,don’t be ashamed

2 Likes

Not sounding flippant - but having the DX , gave me a great income - and without it, wouldnt have got me council flat - so it has its bonuses.

Im the type that just laughs, when you see it register in their eyes - when you tell them your schizophrenic. :crazy_face:.

Not ashamed in the slightest. Im arsed if im gonna massage someones ego - just cos they are bloody ignorant.

1 Like

Thank you @Mary2

1 Like

De nada,no dejes que esos amigos de tu marido te hagan sentir mal,tu vales mucho

2 Likes

I like to think of diagnosis as a box, so just think outside of the diagnosis.

2 Likes

I’m not ashamed of being Schizophrenic. It’s only a part of what makes me tick. I got a lot of other stuff going on…I play sports…chess…I songwrite…I work…I’m a full-time Dad…etc.

This affliction does not define me.

1 Like

I’m ashamed. It means i deal with strange things. maybe i’m a shaman lol.

1 Like

I’m ashamed of my problems.

I have not told people about my issues for years outside of my parents and MH workers.

Stigma is conscious in some people, and other subconsciously without realising it.

This single word has caused me so much bother, and I am sick to death of just keeping things secret to avoid personal and professional suicide.

I tried telling my best friend I have SZ in 2013. I am yet to hear from them, but I have given up on getting any friends now this has happened.

In my experience people like to be all pro mental health or whatever, but this rarely translates into action. Just massages their PC credentials. They don’t care about people who sit on the end of the ■■■■ covered stick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.