Aristada Now

Hey everyone. I’m gonna be put on Aristada. I’m so excited! Who else is on it? Do you like it?

2 Likes

I am and LOVE it. I feel more like myself and have a little more motivation.

3 Likes

Omg I’m so excited! Does it help with lactating and like a fake depression?

2 Likes

I never lactated, aside from when I had small babies. And I didnt have fake depression, I had real depressive lows. But yes, I don’t have serious lows now.

3 Likes

Yeah I have depressive lows to. I was on invega sustenna I hated it. I start aristada next month. :slight_smile:

I despise Invega now.

1 Like

Yeah it gave me a really rough time. I’m glad I’m off but I still have side effects. I’m so cognitively impaired.

It took 6 months for me to feel nornal.

1 Like

I’m on something similar I believe … aripiprazole. I was also on invega before this. I’m glad I switched.

1 Like

That’s Abilify. Aripiprazole laurixil (sp) (Aristada) is what the liver turns Abilify into.

2 Likes

Yeah did you go to aristada immediately? I think it’ll take me 6 months to feel better to.

No. I was med free for 6 months. It isn’t ideal, but my pdoc knew and I had risperdal as a prn.

1 Like

Oh okay :slight_smile: What’s a prn? My doctor give me Zyprexa for mood, I try to take that once a day sometimes I forget. Invega messed up my memory and a load of other things.

Prn is an as needed med. You take whenever you feel bad.

1 Like

Thats what Zyprexa is for me :slight_smile:

Abilify was the only thing that improved my negative symptoms but had to stop it due to a rare side effect that the FDA and Health Canada are warning about, it has about 3000 lawsuits for causing multiple severe addictions to shopping, gambling, hypersexuality, etc

It made me impulsive and compulsive after being 8 years on it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.