Are your blackbirds kind of blue?

Their heads and tails are blue. Only ravens and crows are truly “black birds”. Just saw one outside up close to the window and it was pretty dang blue. Although I could still see why they’re called black birds. Cue the Beatles song @77nick77 :wink:

1 Like

I saw a white raven yesterday… I had no idea what it was till it landed and did its kaa… our black birds are blue too… ive been feeding them bread in the backyard and have noticed they are almost a metallic blue in certain spots…

3 Likes

Yeah metallic blue. Hmm did the Raven have red eyes?? Albino Raven?? Must be an odd/cool sight.

2 Likes

wasn’t close enough to see its eyes…i would guess it was albino though… we don’t have any medium sized white birds so it stuck out… doves are much smaller and have a distinct call and wing shape…and then we have huge white cranes and it def wasn’t that… my rolledex was going crazy till I heard its call lol… texas has a bird that sounds like its about to shoot a fireball at you… a better way to describe it…it sounds like toothless when he charges up his blue flame attack from that Pixar dragons movie and show…

3 Likes

We have Blackbirds come visit our backyard and bird feeder.
They are black with blue and green iridescent hues.
These Blackbirds are actually called Grackles - this is their proper name.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Surprise!!!

4 Likes

animals can have red eyes? like solid red?

I was sitting in my car one day and I looked out and there was a bluejay fighting a squirrel. It was a close fight but the bluejay won in a decision. The squirrel thought he was robbed…

2 Likes

There are many albino rabbits

heres one

1 Like

Bluejays are beastly creatures!!! They’re a member of the corvid family which are very intelligent birds. Magpies, bluejays, ravens, and crows I believe is the corvid family. I observe behavior of bluejays and I’m always impressed. They took a HUGE chunk of bread back to their nest this morning at my parents house.

1 Like

You see albino. I see stew.

2 Likes

Grackle …

4 Likes

that looks scary. the red eyes would keep away predators like me, if i was a wolf.

Yeah, they’re pretty cheeky. Once they get used to humans they get pretty brave. I’ve been camping and bluejays will steal food from a few feet away.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like