Schizophrenia.com

Are you tech savvy?

I’m not. I got left behind. I can’t afford tech stuff and haven’t for many years now. I got left behind. How about you?

5 Likes

Lol nope I’m awful with technology. I still haven’t figured out how Snapchat works :laughing:

3 Likes

I love technology. I build my own computers.

5 Likes

I have a windows 10 laptop that I never use. I have an Android 10 phone that I use constantly.

I had a career in I.T. before I was diagnosed 11 years ago.

I refuse to go on social media.

So I’m tech savvy but it’s now getting to the point where I’m just as tech savvy as the average person with an android phone…

I used to be on the cutting edge but now I’m just a consumer.

5 Likes

My brother is an IT, he works for the government now.

4 Likes

Where did you learn how to build computers?

1 Like

@everhopeful, I used to be on Facebook but I ended up deleting my account. I have no social media accounts either

1 Like

From my friend, he was 2 years older than me. I started working and built my first computer at 14y.o.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I have a cousin who has done that since he was a young teen too.

2 Likes

I am to a point. I haven’t kept up with the latest CPUs and graphics cards because I just tend to buy what I need when I need it. I’m more focused on being proficient with the software I use. I just ping @ThePlagueDoctor for hardware advice now as he likes to obsess over it.

I can do basic board level repairs, look for blown components and replace them. It’s not hard. I know my AV kit pretty well as I arse around with it a fair bit, especially audio. Running an online station as a hobbyist helps there. I could probably troubleshoot anything in a real station up to the transmitter chain, which, I honestly can’t go near anyhow because pacemaker.

Edit: Should mention I’m a former I.T. pro and technical trainer/writer. Now I’m just a d00d who is a saavy user and am happier.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s really cool you used to do that!

i used to do programming but since then i feel like really old and left behind on so much of technology =p. I can find my way with most things still though but i don’t like most of modern technology and feel like old school =p

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. I prefer Windows 7. I guess I’m old school

i’m really crappy with smartphones… i feel like they are alien to me and i also don’t like upgrading to other phones like a lot of people do regularly.

1 Like

Yeah. I get that

1 Like

I’m pretty good with computer stuff, have my own little network of stuff

The tech at the phone store asked me how old I was as I was doing stuff on my phone lol, he said most my age had no idea how to do what i was doing

4 Likes

I know how to use a computer and phone. But I can’t keep a phone. I always lose them somehow, whether it be through homelessness or some other means

2 Likes

I like to think I am up to a point. It depends. I’m more interested in phones than other tech.

2 Likes

I’m not really. I try to find out what I need to know. I don’t use a lot of technical things.

1 Like

I am hardware tech savvy; however, social media wise I am only into Facebook, Twitter and Quora. No Instagram, Snapchat or even TikTok for me.

I have a Surface Pro 7 & a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

2 Likes