Are you getting worse cognitively

Well my main question is how did the cognitive decline happen was it at once like mine because for the past 7 years I was fine and then all of a sudden it just starting declining really fast did this happen to anyone else???

Mine is slow. I watched my child’s rapidly decline though. They were once in the profoundly gifted range (IQ over 145) and now they struggle to be just below average. It’s heartbreaking. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, I actually feel like it’s getting better when I need it, but when on autopilot it’s quite bad - if that makes any sense.

1 Like

Actually I am doing very well cognitively. I am content with my cognition

1 Like

No not really. Slowly improving actually but not as good as b4 sz.

2 Likes

There was a big decline after my first psychotic break but things seemed to be stable after that.

3 Likes

I think i stabilized.

2 Likes

What’s caused your child’s rapid decline?

2 Likes

It coincided with a very large and public psychotic break at age 9, so I’ve always assumed they were connected and that it’s genetic. I began hallucinating at age 6, but 80% of my positive symptoms are pleasant so I wasn’t worried about reproducing. Unfortunately, theirs are very scary and takes a turn for the paranoia.

My younger child was once delirious at age 9 (but from a fever) and I panicked—big time. It was almost to the day the same age as the older one. But, the fever broke and all went back to normal. :crossed_fingers: that that one remains “typical”.

But the child with the decline has been heartbreaking to watch. They used to perform several grade levels ahead/interested in quantum mechanics (yeah—before 9) and now struggles to find someone’s age if given their birthday. That kind of thing.

The other kid is still not psychotic, seems emotionally healthy (aside from PTSD from family mental health stuff, but is in counseling), and is performing a few grade levels ahead. :crossed_fingers: it stays that way for this one.

1 Like

Yes. Schizophrenia is extreme for me and I feel slow, but I function and take care of myself, engage in conversation perfectly and manage to live an ordinary life.

1 Like

I’m declining for sure. It really sucks

2 Likes

Mine dropped to a certain point then started climbing slowly again. My biggest fear is that I’m going to plateau soon or have already done so.

2 Likes

How did you start climbing again?

3 Likes

I’m not sure, it just happened after about three years after my break. I just found a good medicine and dosage and stayed on it.

I’m not 100% what I used to be, more like 80%ish.

2 Likes

I seem to be holding my own.

2 Likes

I’m like an intelligence version of the curate’s egg . Excellent in some ways , and utterly crap in others. Quite frankly it would have been better that someone else had had the excellent part as I’ve done little of any merit with it . Poor mental health support over the years hasn’t helped

1 Like

Yup I’m thinking slowly definitely also without my vyvanse im useless with brain fog

Im worse in so many things. In many.

i think my cognition got worse and then got stuck somewhere… but i notice that i have issues with it though…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.