Are you customed to your "stomping grounds"

I have a love-hate relationship about where I live. I’m not sure if I’ll ever try to move again. Even though we have really high cost of living so maybe one day I’ll have to. I just am so customed to where I grew up. It feels like home to me. Are you customed to your stomping grounds? A rolling stone?? Somewhere In between?

1 Like

Don’t like being in my hometown, running into people I grew up with.

They ask what I been up to… ugh nothing.

1 Like

I’ve lived in my current place for three years and, yeah, I’ve gotten used to the neighborhood. Well, for the most part … it still annoys me that I can’t smoke outside without some random person walking by asking me for a cigarette, and that half the time when I walk to the gas station at the end of the block I get someone asking me for change (or for a cigarette). Yeah, that’s pretty irritating.

1 Like

I spent half my life away from where I grew up, and now

Like you said. It’s a love-hate relationship . I left because I didn’t like it here. But now, it’s probably the best place for me. I pretty much had to come back after I was diagnosed. I’m slowly getting used to it though.

2 Likes

I love my hometown. Most of my closest friends come from there, and we have been friends since we were kids. Whenever we go back to visit, we all get together for adventures and terrible diner food. It’s tradition, and I love it.

The only part I don’t like is that I’m sort of famous back there. Everyone knows me as the brain tumor girl who had to raise her younger siblings after a series of tragedies, and I always run into at least one person who comments on how brave and inspirational I am, and it makes me feel awkward. For some reason, people are drawn to the story of my life. Like a car accident, I guess. People just can’t look away. Everyone expected me to snap under the pressure, which I did, but they didn’t expect me to bounce back and be even better than before.

2 Likes

I’ve moved home six or more times in my life, so nothing new to me, but it can be pretty stressful so I avoid it if I can, plus I would lose my deposit so I can’t really justify it. Once I find a comfortable routine I like to stick with it.

1 Like