Are they working on a med who looks like zyprexa?

do you know something about this? maybe one day there will be a new Zyprexa without the gaining of weight effect? i hope it wont be full of a lot side effects. i have few side effects on my Zyprexa now(only gain weight and stopped periods). otherwise, i am wondering what ill gonna do if one day they stop the Zyprexa from the market…

2 Likes

i am wondering what ill gonna do if one day they stop the Zyprexa from the market…

I think zyprexa is going generic soon, if it hasn’t already done so. That means a lot of people will be manufacturing it.

@Anna1 there are lot of new medicine coming in the future proly they would have fewer negative side effets …As i know and i have expectation from Min-101 ,Cbd(Gw pharma) sep-856 and few other…!!! its my hope and wish…i use to be on Zyprexa i gained 20kg…!!! now i am on Seroquel…
and still gaining weight…!!!:imp:

1 Like

@everhopeful, i am already on the generic here. a Bulgarian entreprise who is manufacturing it… i dont have the energy to go every month to my generalist for the recipes of the original Zyprexa. but do they have the habit to stop some aps after some time? i am just asking myself…

do they have the habit to stop some aps after some time?

Zyprexa is so popular, it won’t be discontinued. Clozapine for instance has been around for 30 years.

They should work on clozapine instead, its the most effective drug we have for schizophrenia. Its reserved for treatment resistant cases. A new drug like clozapine without the side effects would be a dream come true.

2 Likes

Am a big fan of the 'pines. They are the most effective for me.

Actually clozapine is very chemically similar to Zyprexa, if Zyprexa helps you chances are clozapine will too, Zyprexa had a mild effect on me but clozapine helped me alot. Clozapine tends to work for non-responders to the other meds like me.

1 Like

ive tried clozapine for 5 months. it was terrible. i was even more paranoid on it than anything else. couldn’t stand it, not for me, i couldn’t handle the side effects…

I know that they were working on a new and improved Zyprexa.

Same or better efficacy than Zyprexa but without the Metabolic side effects.

I don’t know what the story is on it - Haven’t looked into it.

2 Likes

@Wave happy cake day and anniversary…!!!

2 Likes

Shucks … Thanks @far_cry0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok wave, good to hear. i put 30 kilos on Zyprexa but yeap, i am still quite passive. one day ill have more access to my pdoc. for the moment, i am just fed up by all docs and hospitals…
otherwise, to be more precise, clozapine maybe is not so bad but i found it quite strong for me. i have my tremendous emotional ‘‘waves’’ on it. i had a severe constipation(not going to the toilett for 10 days for example). i developed a panic attacks on clozapine which is strange but it happened to me, yes… i was afraid to even eat by fear of asphyxiation… in my illness i am really really anxious so i wasn’t in need for this. i stopped it, it became unbearable at a point…
Zyprexa is strong too i know. i know that lots of sz dont like it because of their weight but i was desperate once so i take it. now i am fat yeap, it makes me sad sometimes…

1 Like

Far cry! What’s good baby!!? When are the new meds coming out?
-dr green thumb

3 Likes

I remember hearing about this. It doesn’t have the weight gain side effects.

2 Likes

There’s new ones coming out soon baby!!
We won’t all be fat and stiff anymore with flat affects
Woohoo

1 Like

The generic for Zyprexa is olanzapine (in the U.S.).

1 Like

Wow, pharm company alkermes had the idea before you. They are currently testing a drug that has zyprexa (olanzapine) and samidorphan in it. It is supposed to be zyprexa minus the weight gain. Alks 3831 is in phase 3 trials.

-hope that gives u a lil hope

2 Likes

Thank You @Esm this was the drug that I was talking about.

I don’t get too excited about New APs coming through the Pipeline but I am kind of excited about this one.

It’s something I am willing to try if it makes it through.

1 Like

Thanks esm. 15151515

1 Like